Print Thread
#1515701 03/02/06 12:02 AM
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
sorry to post here but im not a member of any mustang forums and i didnt see an audio section in svtperformance...

my question is, whats up with this audio system?? is it one of those ones where you cant even replace a door speaker without having to rip out the WHOLE system??
the kid/child at Best Buy said that its a Bose proprietary system (he called it prioritized ) and you cant add anything without replacing everything!

id like to keep the stock radio since its a 6disc changer and HUGE but id like to possibly swap out the door speakers and definitely add a sub, if not two. i have extra amps, head units, and subs but i was hoping to possibly minimize the install this time (as i say everytime )

what do the all mighty audio gods say?

ps does this factory HU have inputs for a satellite radio or ipod?

Last edited by svt4stv; 03/02/06 12:03 AM.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1515702 03/02/06 12:54 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I dont really know whats involved in a mustang mach system.

But some of the Bose systems are pretty messed up. where their speakers are wired in parallel with some funky ohm load speakrs matched to the amp.. If you hook up your own speakers you could change the ohm load and mess up the Bose amplifier.
Almost every bose system is run off of its own external amplifiers which are usually mounted under the rear deck.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
#1515703 03/02/06 03:00 AM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
I think its a JBL system if im not mistaken. I think unless you are upgrading the head unit, you shouldnt mess with the 460 watt system. I would simply upgrade the speakers. start with speakers, then decide if you wanna dump the stock cd player. I dont believe that the ohms are different I believe they are all the same, Ive personally NEVER heard of a 6 ohm or 2 ohm speaker that wasnt a subwoofer.

1998 Contour Svt Born 5/12/97 #897 of 6535 Those who think, are conquered, Those who act, conquer.
#1515704 03/02/06 03:21 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I had a 2001 Cobra with the Mach460... It was a total pain to get an install done. I personally thought the stock HU was decent enough especialy when keeping to a "non-modified" look. It took about a month to find the proper lead in the trunk to hook up an amp to drive the subs. It's been a while but I think it was a 3 or four wire lead with a grey wire that has enough voltage to drive a decent signal. We all thought it was the wire for the trunk light. Anyway, I thought the stock system was fairly well designed and provided enough treble and mid-bass to pass as satisfactory for my needs. Hope this helps.

P.S. I had mine installed at Best But as well. Maybe that's why it took almost a month to get it to work!

Jack

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard