Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

I'd never pay a shop to do it...it'd never be done right. If you can't do DIY...then yeah skipm the 3.0L

Both Y2KSVT and CLASSVT here from Fort Wayne each had their 3.0L's installed by someone. Mark had his done at a dealership and the Ryan had his done by a mechanic. Both are holding up well.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

I'd never pay a shop to do it...it'd never be done right. If you can't do DIY...then yeah skipm the 3.0L

Both Y2KSVT and CLASSVT here from Fort Wayne each had their 3.0L's installed by someone. Mark had his done at a dealership and the Ryan had his done by a mechanic. Both are holding up well.

Sorry I was projecting...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Yeah [censored] you too Jim :-P (Joking) I built my own engine but had it installed by a guy on the side at Dimension West for a few reasons 1) I had the money 2) I trusted him 3)I didn't have the set up to install it.

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I put a 2.0 w/ ATX in mine. Much faster because the more open engine bay.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
Originally posted by cougarkid:
I recently picked up a 1999 Contour SVT. 118,000 miles. The motor does not function. Is it possible to put in a basic 2.5L engine into a SVT. Do any modifications need to be done? What is involved? Any information would be helpful. Thank You!
-Mitch

If I were you, I would pick up a non svt 2.5 L with low miles and put on as many of your svt engine parts as you can. Then add headers and nice exhuast. In my opinion, way less hassale and less $$$ to buy a non-svt 2.5L engine. I found one with 24,000 miles on it for $800. I bought an engine from the same place before. Great condition engines and properly stored... PM me for details. Place is in SE Michigan though.

the guy with 19 posts adds some stupid advice.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by todras:

IMO, this is the way to go... you might be able to finally keep up with stock Civics!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by todras:

IMO, this is the way to go... you might be able to finally keep up with stock Civics!

Pff, 1.2L VTAK POWAR!!!!!

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
If the swap to 3L Duratec is the best route, more for less, then that's what I'll do! What mods need to be done to put a 3L in then? Is it a direct fit? Is there a link to a page or site of directions? Anymore more help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Start here:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=3L

Read the pinned notes at the top first and then start digging into the forum itself.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R

Worst noobie post evar! I know for a FACT it costs more to get a 2.5L motor.

Thanks for the compliment. You made it on the worst spelling posts evar... and noobie isn't spelled like boobie! My advice is to search around for prices and to not just go out and buy a 3L thinking that he's getting a great deal. If he runs across a cheaper 3L and can swap it himself, then good for him. Options, my friend, that it's all about.

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard