Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'm actually thinking of a SPEC Stage 3. I know I don't have the power to warrant this type of clutch, but I figure if I can shred a Centerforce DF in 35K I need a serious upgrade. Eventually I'd like to go FI anyway. I also have 133K on my current motor. Am I crazy?

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Im about to order a BAT MTX-75 w/ upgraded tower. So Im just gonna go with a SPEC Stg. 1 and a Torsen. But if you plan to go FI go for the Stg. 3.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Nice! What's wrong with your current trans? When will you be putting it in?

I already have the Quaife and I'm very happy with it. It really changed the car. I opted for the upgraded shift tower as well. Don't forget to buy the new shift cable connectors!

FI at this point is more of a pipe dream than anything considering the other projects I have going. That won't stop me if the motor blows though Not that I'll be trying

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Mike: Would selling your Turbo Monte allow you to fix/do a Turbo CSVT?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Definitely yes, but the real story is finding a buyer.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by shotwell:
Nice! What's wrong with your current trans? When will you be putting it in?

The current trans is a 99 model trans, its stamped on the housing. So instead of bothering with the installation of the new forks, Id rather pick up one of these aat this great price and be done. I'll have the old one if anyone local wants a trans to send to TH and doesnt want any downtime. Just bolt up the Torsen, flywheel and clutch. Im ordering the trans and clutch Friday. Then in a couple of weeks I'll oreder the Torsen and maybe the flywheel. Also lots of little things like front poly swaybar bushings while I have it out, alum. front endlinks and hopefully a set of half shafts I'll just have to see. I also have a set of headers I wanna put in at the same time as well as a set of Nima's pullies from the GB. Its gonna take 2-3 weeks for BAT to ship the trans because Im having them(Terry Haines) upgrade the shift tower. So yeah there gos my income tax. I wanna try and get a BAT kit before summer too. We'll see.
-tropictour

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
So you're going to install the Torsen yourself?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
While the transaxle is out, that opens up room for an easy headers install. Then between a fresh tranny, Torsen and headers, you'll wear a non-stop grin when your car is back together.

You'll have that same grin after you put on a good tune.

So do you figure a 14.9x ET before a tune? Poly'd mounts would help your launch. What strips are around Puget Sound?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by shotwell:
So you're going to install the Torsen yourself?

I have contacted a local CEG'er about helping with the install since he has already done it. I just need to contact him and work out the details. I already have the poly F/R mounts. Yeah it will be a big change with the addition of everything. It will be hard breaking in that clutch with all the new mods on there.
-tropictour

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Do you know when you want to do this. I will be gone to Disneyland the first two weeks in April, and have a lot to do before we go. So, if you are not in a big hurry we could work on it when I get back.

1998 Contour SVT Black w/ Blue interior Torsen LSD updated shiftforks Lightened Flywheel, HD Drivelines Optimized Thottle Body 2003 3.0L engine upgrade (Soon to be)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard