Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
i dont think its all about how long it'll last,obv it can handle the power..its about how much power it robs...sure it'll still be quicker than a 2.5 tour,but not worth the effort/money

Yeah it is, who wants to build it put it together and blow up the trans...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
i dont think its all about how long it'll last,obv it can handle the power..its about how much power it robs...sure it'll still be quicker than a 2.5 tour,but not worth the effort/money

but its not like your going to install it and its gonna blow up on yeah within in minutes!!!not in N/A form anyways, i mean if they can use it in a k.b supercharged escape,i think it can be used here...how long did russell use his for???,i'm not saying you should do this..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W

Ooh ooh, I DO!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I dunno why you guys always rip the CD4E. Sure it's not the strongest tranny in the land, but it's mid-'99+ variant is not bad at all. I have had three and aside from one TSS ($20 and 5 minutes work), I've had no problems. One of my trannys was even chipped to firm up shifts. I'd be dropping a 3L in my car today if I had any engine problems with my 2.5, but at this point I have 106K miles & no signs of any problems with the 2.5 or the tranny.

Jeb also stated that the CD4E is currently used in the Escape and seems to hold up just fine as the weaknesses have been worked out to a fair degree. As for the power robbing, an extra 40 horses with a CD4E is still 40 horses. Let the fun begin!

3L & a CD4E, I'd do 'em all day long. Add a tranny cooler & perform a 4 or 5 quart drain & fill once or twice a year & you should be just fine.

EDIT:

Ya know what. Just buy me a freakin' 3L and I'll drop it in my car. You can have my 2.5 and we'll call it a day. I'll do all the testing & maintenance just to see how well the tranny holds up with a 3L.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 03/02/06 04:42 AM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I dunno why you guys always rip the CD4E. Sure it's not the strongest tranny in the land, but it's mid-'99+ variant is not bad at all. I have had three and aside from one TSS ($20 and 5 minutes work), I've had no problems. One of my trannys was even chipped to firm up shifts. I'd be dropping a 3L in my car today if I had any engine problems with my 2.5, but at this point I have 106K miles & no signs of any problems with the 2.5 or the tranny.

Jeb also stated that the CD4E is currently used in the Escape and seems to hold up just fine as the weaknesses have been worked out to a fair degree. As for the power robbing, an extra 40 horses with a CD4E is still 40 horses. Let the fun begin!

3L & a CD4E, I'd do 'em all day long. Add a tranny cooler & perform a 4 or 5 quart drain & fill once or twice a year & you should be just fine.

EDIT:

Ya know what. Just buy me a freakin' 3L and I'll drop it in my car. You can have my 2.5 and we'll call it a day. I'll do all the testing & maintenance just to see how well the tranny holds up with a 3L.

It is not currently used in the escape. Since 04 it has had a 5 speed auto...now...maybe it is a new version of the Cd4e...but idk that

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

EDIT:

It is not currently used in the escape. Since 04 it has had a 5 speed auto...now...maybe it is a new version of the Cd4e...but idk that

No. The Escape still uses the same 4 speed auto that it has always had.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
M
OP Offline
M
So like, would it be okay to do it? I hear it can, I hear it can't. I'm confused. But question, would an escape cd4e fit in my tour? If so, I might just invest in one of those. If not, I'll just but a low mile cd4e from a tour and get a tranny cooler set-up. I get so confused with all the arguing. Wtf!?

1999 Ford Contour SE Maroon Stock
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Mytourburnsrice:
So like, would it be okay to do it? I hear it can, I hear it can't. I'm confused. But question, would an escape cd4e fit in my tour? If so, I might just invest in one of those. If not, I'll just but a low mile cd4e from a tour and get a tranny cooler set-up. I get so confused with all the arguing. Wtf!?

Don't worry about an Escape tranny swap, keep it all Contour.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Decent sized cooler to replace the fluid heater we have now and you should be good to go.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard