Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Looking for anyone hear that has experience with the CT-3 or knows if it is closer to adherent material transfer than the Titaniums? I dont' want to get to close as The Perfomance Friction pads that when cold as summer rain storm pedal was way to high for me not to mention my wife, which only got worse age/miles.

From our friends on the Stop Tech web site with a wealth of shared info. Not sure what area of engineering a brake engineer fits into, I'd assume they should be in a class by themselves?

Quote:

Depending upon the friction compound, easy use of the brakes for an extended period may lead to the removal of the transfer layer on the discs by the abrasive action of the pads. When we are going to exercise a car that has seen easy brake use for a while, a partial re-bedding process will prevent uneven pick up.

From one of many many white papers on Stoptech.com, too bad it's so tuff to judge what's really going with my brakes. It does explain how hard it is to design a brake system that covers such a wide range of uses and not end up with "TV" (thicknes variation NOT warp rotor EH?) (Our 4dr sport sedans) especially mine Stazi job was done 2 1/2 years ago and only 20K miles, 6-7k of which are 6-7 1000 miles trips with Chicago in the way.

Not sure if I'd could email Bendix engineer or just end up getting a genertic marketing answer? Why I hope one of the many brake Garuuus on CEG can help? Where the real answer seem to come from---CEG!

I guess if Ford have not used 14" wheel Mystique LS Duratec (built 07/97 with rear drums) even with 15's could have came standard with larger front rotors would have helped this situation I've run into over an over?

Thanks for you time!
Paul "yorf"

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have been having bad luck with the titnium2 also. I changed my wife's rotors to the SVT sized and they still warped in less than a year. She is driving on a main road with lots of lights 50 mph to 0 stops. I think this is making the situation worse and I was hoping the bigger rotors would have fixed it. I need to do the brakes again and definitely will be changing pads to something different. These pads are much duster than the original titaniums. Most warping is thickness variation. I can see the pad ghosting on the rotors and this happened to the last new normal sized rotors also. I greased all the slide pins and did a general inspection of calipers and everything looked good. Hopefully my next brake job will solve it. My father inlaw was warping rotors on his 04 accord and once he switched rotors and pads(cerimic raybastos) he had no issues.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
F
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Ah yes the thickness varation (TV) just doesn't sound that cool as warped rotors!
Just a note after reading the "Answer Guy" on Bendix's web site, I had a chance to do 3-4 bedding runs I guess we'll call that. Everything is fine for now. What probalbly happening the transfer pad matieral is getting removed/cleaned off. In my case winter salt rusts the rotors and the extra abrasive is maybe doing the cleaning?
I'll post the Bendix answer guy's link as soon as I can find it.
The other interesting tid-bit is Bendix's pushing to get brake shop to use on the vechicle turning/burnishing machine.
Those who have a eliminating a large percentage of customer come backs.
I may just try using my 6" right sander(60 or 80 grit) and spin the rotors and clean them. Then go out a re-bed, then see if that will last longer?

Did you say Bendix changed the Titanium formula? I have very little dust with these? Maybe that's why I keep hearing other s complaining about dust and not me?
Keep and eye on your father in-laws, if the TV evenutally comes back. Then maybe the formula pad may help? Who knows since I'm not involved in brake R & D.

Paul

http://www.bendixbrakes.com/downloads/Twenty-first-Century-Rotors.pdf

There maybe hope for those of us who with constant "TV".

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard