Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
is it true that because i don't have an svt i need an engine management system....like a apex???

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Not sure quite what your asking here? But im guessing your asking whether you need an engine management system for your 3.0L.

The 3.0L will definetely have to be tuned, especially if you have a non svt because the injectors will have to be upgraded. An X-Calibrator 2 from brenspeed.com will do the trick. An apexi should never be used to do major tuning.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Contouratic98:
is it true that because i don't have an svt i need an engine management system....like a apex???

Your first two posts show that you don't know much of anything about contours. You need to stop posting immediately...and start reading ALL the FAQ's and stickied threads. Then you can post again.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
C
OP Offline
C
actually i had to change my e-mail and get a new sn...i've done my research...just asking a few question...dont talk

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Contouratic98:
actually i had to change my e-mail and get a new sn...i've done my research...just asking a few question...dont talk

I think I'll do plenty of typing...keep reading.

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Your first two posts show that you don't know much of anything about contours. You need to stop posting immediately...and start reading ALL the FAQ's and stickied threads. Then you can post again.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

I think I'll do plenty of typing...keep reading.

Stop it, now.

By the way, I disagree with Mr. Hahn. You can run the 3L with 19# injectors just fine on the stock ECU without throwing a code. Just realize that you are missing out on a bit of performance without getting a tune. As for the tune itself, get a chip from Arizona guys, or the Duratec Performance guys if you're not into tuning yourself.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I know the SVT's will run fine on 3L's with the stock 19lb injectors. The non SVT's which have smaller 17lb injectors will need a set of 19lb injectors and I've heard the car will still run on the stock ECU because the change in fuel is within the ECU's adaptability. A tune in either case is always optimal.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Mine starts and idles fine. Car runs very rich though. Needs a tune big time. I have 19's on a 96 SE computer BTW. Also don't have IMRC due to oval port heads.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Even with the SVT computer, the car was running a little rich on the 19# injectors with my 3L. I can imagine the SE computer would run a little bit more rich on 19#ers with no tuning, as they seem to have a little less aggressive tune to begin with. Either way, it should run, and run pretty good. I had some people tell me they could smell the fuel if I got on it in front of them.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:
Mine starts and idles fine. Car runs very rich though. Needs a tune big time. I have 19's on a 96 SE computer BTW. Also don't have IMRC due to oval port heads.

Wow, I didn't realize that you didn't have a tune!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard