Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I am looking to have a custom box built for my Kicker Solo X 12" sub. Is there a CEG'er that makes pro quality boxes to factory required specs? I need it to be 3 cubic feet on the inside with a rectanglular port. I want the box to be more long than deep to preserve as much trunk as I can without sacrificing sound quality. I have a CSVT so you pretty much know the trunk.

Thanks!

Rayn

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
i can do it but its obviously gonna cost you and you would have to have it shipped

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
contact tc customs up in canada, that or check on ebay, I think youll have to contact them though, they dont sell all the boxes on ebay, but they can make anything and paint it, for cheap. I got my fiberglass triple 10 box for 260 shipped.

I hate mcdonnalds
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Thanks

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
OR Check with steeda i heard he makes custom stuff!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'll do it for 20 bucks plus cost of materials and shipping. There is a problem with your box though: The Solo X likes no less than 6 cubes sealed. Ported, that box would sound like ass, IMHO, so if that's what you want, I'll throw it through WinISD and see what it comes up with. If you honestly wanted a good sub for a Contour, an X is not one of them. But hey, if you're interested, PM me, and I'll get back with you.

Morgan

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
I'm already building it

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
What specs are you building the box to? Like I said, even sealed, the X likes no less than 6 cubes. A 3 cube ported box, even tuned right, is going to sound like a one note wonder, due to the peaky nature of the driver in a ported box. I was just throwing in actual facts here....

Morgan

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Accoarding to Kicker your facts are wrong!

But after all what do they know

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
Accoarding to Kicker your facts are wrong!

But after all what do they know

I was going to say! Kicker must be off their rocker building a single speaker req. 6 ft^3!!!

I'm guessing he is using modeling software and letting it recommend the box size based on the flattest free air response.
The box in the car has a boost from transfer function effect and more likely the recommended box size takes both the transfer function AND the and an average crossover point into account.
That is why I like JBL because in their literature they send recommended box sizes with graphs of response in car and free air so you can see what is happening and choose your box size/type accordingly.

This GTi 12 I got is so friggin big!! I love it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard