GS474 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
starting to upset me

here

basicly if you were one of the first to jump on the hdtv bandwagon your screwed

Last edited by GS474; 02/23/06 03:18 PM.

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by GS474:
starting to upset me

here

basicly if you were one of the first to jump on the hdtv bandwagon your screwed

That is just retarded...the know what happened with BETA and VHS...why even go thru this garbage!?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I was scared there for a mintue. Then I realized I have an HDMI connection on my tv. Even though it insn't being used because I have found like 2 dvd players that support it. one was a $70 cheapo at wallmart and another was a a $200 one at best buy. Can't I find one inbetween? But I Guess I should just wait for the ps3 to come out and get that instead.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I lost sleep last night over this. The man is always keeping me down.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The real kick in the nuts about this is its over nun other than the fear of piracy.
If iirc, the whole vhs/betta battle wasnt over piracy.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by elraido:
I was scared there for a mintue. Then I realized I have an HDMI connection on my tv. Even though it insn't being used because I have found like 2 dvd players that support it. one was a $70 cheapo at wallmart and another was a a $200 one at best buy. Can't I find one inbetween? But I Guess I should just wait for the ps3 to come out and get that instead.

I have HDMI as well on my Sony HDTV. I went with the JSI unit that Sears sells. It is HD Upconverting and can be had for $70. No complaints so far from me.

Now only if my 7.1 reciever had an HDMI input/output

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Well son of a biscuit, I have one of those older HDTV's that I bought before really thinking that HDMI was going to be the next big connection thing, I guess I thought that component connections would be good enough. Oh well, I've had my Samsung for about 3 years now and do really like it, the picture quality for DVD and Satellite (not HDTV, im waiting for the price of the HDTIVO to go down) was still worth getting it, I was choosing between buyng a nice 36" analog TV vs a 32" HD and decided that the smaller size was worth the extra picture quality, especially given my living arrangements at the time and even now with my house, so I guess I didn't get too screwed over. I just need to be a little more careful next time.

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
if its 4x3 aspect ratio its not real HD anyways

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by elraido:

I have HDMI as well on my Sony HDTV. I went with the JSI unit that Sears sells. It is HD Upconverting and can be had for $70. No complaints so far from me.

Now only if my 7.1 reciever had an HDMI input/output

dito I was wondering about that on mine. Can you just hook up the HDMI cable from the dvd player or whatever you want to the tv and then run a seperate optical cable to the reciever?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
i find it quite amusing that HDTV was touted as going to be FREE! FREE! FREE! but the only time Ives een it for free is like some certain secial events like some of the olympics.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard