· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Tax return.

LMAO, that's when I get into my shop

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Swazo:
Tax return.

LMAO, that's when I get into my shop

daymon - you need to keep the blue/black color - its sex on wheels!

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I do like it, but touch ups are going to be a pain. Though I will be happy with it once it's been touched up and totally recleared with a top notch high build/gloss clear that's been cut-n-buffed

I'm only going to clear coat the hood, the CF has grown on me

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I got a chance to drive around a bit today and meet up with Taylor. While waiting for him, I was horrified at how many minor scuffs and swirls there are in the paint! Also, a few tiny chips on the rear bumper made me sick I need to buy a new 7" buffer and a good assortment of compounds, polishes and various bonnets very badly!

I'm going to be jelous of Jon and his fresh paint

E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I'm going to be jelous of Jon and his fresh paint

Dont. The Volvo needs paint work as well. Apparently sometime between its repair and me buying it the car sat under something that left these little dots on it.

However that may be fixed. One of my customers wants tile work done at his place in exchange for body work.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The Volvo needs paint work as well.

Got an idea on the paint work on the Volvo. If I do black over what it currently has with some minimal work to fix the dents it has I would be looking at around $1200. However there is a GM color that was used on the ~`04 Silverado that I do like. Does kind of what Daymon's car does but is a regular base/clear coat. It does have pearl mixed in as well as some metal flake, some blue and some red. The weekend needs to get here so I can check out Daymon's car and see if I like what it does.

On the other hand, I have decided on the color for the Cougar. I am going to keep it a secret for the time being.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
$1200 for a 2 stage and minimal body work is a good enough deal. Is that a total respray, or just spot repairs and complete re-clearing? Just make sure they're going to cut-n-buff it after it's all said and done to it comes out tits. Trade work can come out crappy sometimes! They try to skimp on some materials and cut corners to speed things up.
But that's just some people, so take it as a warning.

My car barely has any pearl showing typically....but when the sun hits it
If I have to mask off my car to re-clear it, I may just shoot a new mix of base with a bit more pearl this time around

I hope to have my console ready for the meet this weekend and the car polished up a bit more

E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
$1200 for a 2 stage and minimal body work is a good enough deal. Is that a total respray, or just spot repairs and complete re-clearing? Just make sure they're going to cut-n-buff it after it's all said and done to it comes out tits. Trade work can come out crappy sometimes! They try to skimp on some materials and cut corners to speed things up.
But that's just some people, so take it as a warning.

The corner cutting is what I am worried about with trade work. This shop has been around for as long as I can remember so I am thinking that would be a good sign. Respray, minus door jambs, under the hood, etc. It would obviously be more if I do that color change, even if it is minimal. I think I will be able to decide more after I see your car this weekend.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard