Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1509032 03/02/06 01:41 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Quote:

Um, OK! I wish I could, my wife is out of town that weekend, so I'd have to bring my 2 Rugrats. Where are you guys?

Enjoy. I don't drink, so would never get the right stuff anyway.

Thanks for the invite!

I'm in Albany Sevt is in oneonta. Were meeting at his place.
How old are your kids? maybe my girlfriend wouldn't mind watching them.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
#1509033 03/02/06 02:19 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Quote:

Um, OK! I wish I could, my wife is out of town that weekend, so I'd have to bring my 2 Rugrats. Where are you guys?

Enjoy. I don't drink, so would never get the right stuff anyway.

Thanks for the invite!

I'm in Albany Sevt is in oneonta. Were meeting at his place.
How old are your kids? maybe my girlfriend wouldn't mind watching them.

Thanks again! I do appreciate it. They would HATE the drive, but thanks.

Good luck and have fun.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1509034 03/14/06 09:47 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
SeVT(Chris) And I got together and did the cleaning. He definantly made quick work of the removal and reassembly. Must be from all the times he's done it. Not a single thing went wrong. Started up after about 3 tries. The manifolds were cleaned out nicely and my secondary linkage was reconcected. I didn't even know it was undone but I suspected something was wrong when minivans would pull away from traffic lights faster than I could keep up with them without an agressive launch.
The cleaning yeilded a slight increase in power and a noticable gain in fuel efficiency. It took me a little over a 1/4 tank to get there and just over 1/8 to get back. Granted the trip back is mostley down hill.

An odd thing though. Chris noticed my uim was a bit rough. As if it had not been extrude honed. It's a 98.5 so I would assume it's a single pass job but it doesn't look like it's been done at all. I'm thinking about getting in on that group buy or even just taking one off a totaled SVT. We'll see. Also, Chris was cool enough to give me a rear reflector to replace mine with the missing chrome strip.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
#1509035 03/14/06 11:49 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Good to hear! See, it's really not so bad. Did you clean the heads at all?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
and by the way tourage...that rear reflector i was GIVING you...now has a price

Fine keep it. I'm starting a new trend called "Chrome strip delete" with full instructions on how to break it in half! Look for my how-to in the mods section. This'll be the best mod since knauberizing

My stock reflector did your mod all on it's own. When the car was still under warranty the chrome strip started coming loose. The dealer tried to glue it, but it eventually fell off and was lost.

That was actually the first thing I fixed on this car when I took it over from my wife and got interested in upkeep maintenance of it. $50 at a junker, got screwed though!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Well Chris DID end up giving me the reflector which I greatly appreciate. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to put it on, cahnge oil and trans fluid. I'm all motivated now. I'll give it a little wash n' wax while I'm at it. Maybe even optimize my TB.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard