Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
lunatic Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I will take it to the track again sometime soon, while the weather is cool and see what it will do. I was browsing several other threads where many people here who have the 2.5 ATX and are well into the 16's at stock form. I did a 17.3 in hot/humid weather so cooler weather should definently help. I think many of those websites with 1/4 mile times were getting the V6 version mixed up with the 4 cylinder. Maybe not, I dunno, I will race it and post the results here. A buddy of mine has a 2.5 Cougar that wants to race his as well so we'll probably go to the track soon. Hell, if a stock 4 cylinder Cavalier can do it, I'm pretty sure a V6 Contour can. I'll let you all know. This is a great site though, I have found out tons of info about my car here.

BTW- Do you guys think I could beat my mothers 2003 Monte Carlo SS?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by lunatic:

BTW- Do you guys think I could beat my mothers 2003 Monte Carlo SS?

HECK NO!!!!! er... I mean ummm no. A SVT maybe, but if you have a ATX (which I'm assuming you do) then there really is no hope. But I'm really intrested how you do, cause I want to take mine to the track sometime soon here and want to see what others are running. How do you launch? Just courious. Good luck.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
L
lunatic Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I leave it in drive, and turn overdrive off and just floor it. The best I got with that was a 17.3 (07/05) but the humidity and temps were very high. A Dodge Neon SRT4 only pulled off a 16.8 and a 2000+ Honda Accord did a 17.2. Plus that track is known to be slower and just a [censored] track in genral.

I appologize for taking so long to reply, I havn't been over here in a while.

Last edited by lunatic; 03/17/06 01:26 PM.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
A chip does help a little. When I had my car dyno tuned we also worked on the tranny, using the lap top and going into the tranny program he worked on the tourqe converter and the shift points, line pressure, etc.. This is the absolute best way to get anything out of our atx w/o a major custom rebuild. It is a very noticable improvement and the tranny now better matches the motor by holding onto the upper rpms and firmer shifts. I haven't run it on any drag strips but the guys in neceg that have the atx have driven mine and can't believe the difference. It also depends on the tuner, Mike freedman is a ford tuning nut(mostly mustangs, etc.).

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard