Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Alright so, here's a recap.

I was forced to drive my SVT this winter.

This is the last time I drive my SVT in the winter.

I was thrown off the road on the hwy from an oncoming vehicle, and smashed up the passenger side.

Luckly the wheel wells are okay still for tires. And I now need new summer tires.

My current summer tires are Yokohoma 205/50ZR16 87W . I really enjoyed them and dont mind 16's. I would like to try 17's or 18's this summer if I could find rims and tires for a decent price, and if they fit.

If not, I'm just looking for a new set of tread.

Please help me out! Suggestions, comments, random stuff...anything.

Cheers.

(this picture is pre-crash obviously...sniff)

98 T-Red CSVT
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Falken ZE-512's. 225/47/17. Wheel of your choice, as everyone has different tastes. The tires are what I know to be a good choice!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Smaller wheels mean cheaper tires and a smoother ride. A 205, 215, or 225 width tire will do you fine on a 16" wheel. If you aren't looking for a super-sticky summer tire, the Falken ZE512 will last pretty well, and be a great driving tire. It's also a great bargain! If you want something stickier, the Fuzion ZRi, Kuhmo SPT, Kuhmo MX, Yoko AVS ES100 and others are great tires for not much money. Depending on exactly what characteristics you want, one of those, or perhaps another tire will suit you well, and nor break the bank.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Smaller wheels mean cheaper tires and a smoother ride. A 205, 215, or 225 width tire will do you fine on a 16" wheel. If you aren't looking for a super-sticky summer tire, the Falken ZE512 will last pretty well, and be a great driving tire. It's also a great bargain! If you want something stickier, the Fuzion ZRi, Kuhmo SPT, Kuhmo MX, Yoko AVS ES100 and others are great tires for not much money. Depending on exactly what characteristics you want, one of those, or perhaps another tire will suit you well, and nor break the bank.

Since I have Yoko's right now and enjoyed the ride, depending on the price I would like to stay with them. Taking into consideration I am in Canada, where should I purchase from?

I was thinking Costco...any other suggestions?

98 T-Red CSVT
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I rode on the ZRIs for about 1 month last year (until snow flew) and really liked them. Plenty sticky for spirited driving and I found them to do exceptionally well in wet conditions also.

my .02

adam

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
bump

Originally posted by muskamike:
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

Since I have Yoko's right now and enjoyed the ride, depending on the price I would like to stay with them. Taking into consideration I am in Canada, where should I purchase from?

I was thinking Costco...any other suggestions?

98 T-Red CSVT
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Find the best deal on a tire, then call around and ask if they will match their competitor's price.
Personally, I'd drop the Yoko's and go to the Falken tire, but that's just me....... and Warmonger........ and DemonSVT. All three of us have run these tires with a lot of success. They wear really well, and are inexpensive for a high performance tire.
I'd also like to disagree that that Fuzions are stickier than the Falken ZE512's.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Get winter tires ...

Anyway, I have the new BFG KDW-2's for summer, 225/45/16 on the E1's. They rock. I was thinking of going 17's but I figure the ride would be too harsh, especially if its lowered.

Four went for about a thou and got them at Tiretrends.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ODC:
Get winter tires ...

Anyway, I have the new BFG KDW-2's for summer, 225/45/16 on the E1's. They rock. I was thinking of going 17's but I figure the ride would be too harsh, especially if its lowered.

Four went for about a thou and got them at Tiretrends.

Ehhhhhh....$126 per at tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=BFGoodrich&model=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
FSVT EURO'S

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard