Print Thread
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
here is the problem im having over on NECO

problem with SPEC

i want to drive my car!!!! please help if you know anything about the SPec PP failure! or TOB failure!!!

i have a stage 4 kit btw.....

thanks

Cougar is no more, parts for sale. Built escape 3.0 w/ 8.5:1 pistons, PnP heads, ovalport/mazda6 cams, SVT manifolds, the works entire car for sale PM me if you want a part!!!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I tried to see the photos and I get a message that I don't have authority to access them. You may want to fix that if the pictures are essentual in answering your question.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Instigator:
here is the problem im having over on NECO

problem with SPEC

i want to drive my car!!!! please help if you know anything about the SPec PP failure! or TOB failure!!!

i have a stage 4 kit btw.....

thanks

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with any of the those items. Any problem you will have with leakage will be cured by using sealant around the TOB where the o-ring seal is. Just clean everything up, use the newest TOB you have.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with SPEC TOBs anyway.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
will this make everything work? and by everything i mean the car will move?

this is the only problem i can see with the clutch kit. when i put the car into gear, i go to press the gas and release the clutch and nothing happens, the car just revs. so if i use sealent where exactly do i put it? around the outer ring? or on the inner ring?

thanks

Cougar is no more, parts for sale. Built escape 3.0 w/ 8.5:1 pistons, PnP heads, ovalport/mazda6 cams, SVT manifolds, the works entire car for sale PM me if you want a part!!!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
WEll, the sealant is to stop the leakage around the o-ring, if any.

If the old slave is bad, it would be leaking clutch fluid and you wouldn't be able to engage/disengage the clutch.
I'm assuming the newer TOB is in good shape and doesn't have a problem.
The pressure plate "Looks" fine so I can't see it not working but I can only see your pictures so I'm limited you know.
IF the inside looks fine then you'll be fine.
The only other problem I could think of is that you put the disk in backward.
Just call spec to make sure you put the disk hub in the correct way, center it with the tool and then put it together.

The only reason I can think you had a problem was because the hyrdraulic lines were leaking either at the connections or at the slave itself OR you had a shitload of air in the lines.
However, the hardware doesn't look bad to me.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard