Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I have the Borla cat-back system with the tru-bendz test pipe cat delete. I've read several posts on here saying to remove the middle resonator but if you have an aftermaket muffler like the borla one, is it still pretty restrictive compared to cutting it off and putting a straight pipe on? One more question my car is at the shop right now and i was wondering how do you gut the y-pipe and header cats? Is it hard and what tools do you need?

Thanks in advance!

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
The Borla cat-back is 1 single muffler in place of the stock resonator. Then splits into 2 resonators at the rear.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The Borla exhaust is one of the lowest output ones available. Poor muffler choice and only slightly above average pipe design.

Trubendz design and performance are good. Their fitment is below average.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The Borla exhaust is one of the lowest output ones available. Poor muffler choice and only slightly above average pipe design.

What do you mean output? output in performance or sound? Performance gain,yeah wasn't all that much, but it looks nice has nice bends and most of all sounds really nice. Its not raspy and not loud for just normal driving,it has a nice deep tone,but when you open it up it sounds amazing!

Anyways can anyone tell me how to modify my stock y-pipe to get hp gains out of it! what tools do i need?help

thanxs

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:

What do you mean output? output in performance or sound? Performance gain,yeah wasn't all that much, but it looks nice has nice bends and most of all sounds really nice. Its not raspy and not loud for just normal driving,it has a nice deep tone,but when you open it up it sounds amazing!

Anyways can anyone tell me how to modify my stock y-pipe to get hp gains out of it! what tools do i need?help

thanxs

Yea, in power and in sound its lacking, Trubendz beats it in that category, Demon hit it on the head, Sound and performance are top notch, fitment is not.

About the Y-pipe, search the forum for "Optimized y" and you'll see the how to somewhere. Basically there is a really crappy design where someone decided to crush the two pipe of the headers into one crappy small pipe. Optimizing gets rid of that crush and frees up the airflow.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
alright i'll try that out..thanxs

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:

Yea, in power and in sound its lacking, Trubendz beats it in that category, Demon hit it on the head, Sound and performance are top notch, fitment is not.

You want poor fitment, try brullen. i could barely hang the exaust without having to take it to a muffler shop. both tips rubbed on the bumper cover. one stuck out too far and the other didnt stick out far enough. But the sound I have had several tour owner say it is by far the best sounding exausts out there.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Brullen Loud or Brullen quiet?

How big are the tips on the brullen?

Mine are 3.5" and they look PERFECT on the contour and sound great.

much like your weiner.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Tourige:
Brullen Loud or Brullen quiet?

How big are the tips on the brullen?

Mine are 3.5" and they look PERFECT on the contour and sound great.

Well i order quiet but i got the loud(which after a few years of driving) i dont mind. I went 4" tips and ounce i got them to fit right they look great fills out the cutouts perfect.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
cool, and yea, ive seen pics of your Brullen, its SICK looking.

much like your weiner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard