Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Do you even know what it means to lower impedance/ If so my statement does not make me an idiot. Your lack of understanding that statement makes you one though.

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)
S
Steeda. Offline OP
Captain Impound Boy
OP Offline
Captain Impound Boy
S
<---- MECP First Class Installer

Different Ohm loads don't affect sub output. Meaning a 4ohm sub isn't any louder or Quiter than a 2 or 1 ohm sub.

You cannot load a sub the Amp is what gets loaded. Thanks for playing. BTW there is a whole Audio forum here at our Lovely CEG. Scroll down a bit!

PS Alpine SUCKS! Get some RE

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
well duh! where did i say otherwise? Read back. I asked you if you know what it means to lower impedence. Your statement was just a way to hush me up. Look guy. ALPINE does not suck sorry dude. I dont care how much you pay. Cost dont make a sub or anything more valuable. Quality and mathematical equations parameters( physics )do.Example being LE, Re, Fs , Vas, linear excursions,mechanical excursion,QTS, Qes,Qms, SD, Hag etc. etc. etc. Voice coil, spider, surround,motor structure, terminals,diaphragm.Though most importantly how the manufaturer arrives at thier numbers. Alot of them cheat and take short cuts to arrive at certain specifications. Alpine is one of the few that does not cut corners to accomplish thier TRUE ohm, watts ,khz,db, SPL ECE. ETC.ETC
AS for your audio forum on this site im sure it's very informative. What i may suggest to you is to go back and read where my first post came in and there after. Your the one being arrogant and simple. Not i. I believe Alpine along with kicker, Jl Audio and Focal kick bass arse. MY opinion. I dont care how certified you are learn to read posts.
Now as for the lowering of impedence you can't accomplish anything unless your amp is capable. Be aware of your subs impedance and your amps LOAD capacity. < all 101 guy >
the lower the resistance the more power your amp produces. The LOUDER your audio plays. ( a.k.a music ) Parallel wiring lowers your speaker impedance. All of that is basic audio.The Alpine are great for this type of set up.

2000 Merc LS #25302 Ducati Monster 620 (red), 250 Honda VTR (white and blue),Kawaski Eliminator 600(red), mini chopper(a.k.a)Suzuki Savage LS 650 modified (black)
S
Steeda. Offline OP
Captain Impound Boy
OP Offline
Captain Impound Boy
S
WOW seriously is all i can say.

Alpine Subs are average at best, want best bang for buck? Try RE, ED and Adire!

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by texasmerc2000:
Parallel wiring lowers your speaker impedance.

forgive me, i'm not bashing, but i just want to make sure you understand it properly. it's obvious you know what you're talking about to an extent with audio, but the speaker's impedance is the speaker's impedance. it will never change.

two 4 ohm loads wired in parallel effectively equals one 2 ohm load. this is true, but don't mistake that as changing the resistance of the speaker. doing this allows your AMP to output more power, because it now has two streams to push, thus reducing resistance.

again, i'm simply correcting, in case you may have been mistaken on that specific point, although you had the correct general idea.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by texasmerc2000:
What i may suggest to you is to go back and read where my first post came in and there after.

You posted in a group buy for rear deck mounts about how great alpine subs were.

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
MrFord
Just ordered a 10" sub mount

'99 T-Red Contour SVT '95 Mystique GS - 2.5L V6 ATX '94 Topaz GS - 3.0L V6 MTX - Gone since Feb. 06 www.tempotopaz.com
S
Steeda. Offline OP
Captain Impound Boy
OP Offline
Captain Impound Boy
S
I got it ill get everything together to ship it out

N
N
hey are you still making these??? I would purchase one?

S
Steeda. Offline OP
Captain Impound Boy
OP Offline
Captain Impound Boy
S
seems to be that way

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard