Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I was looking into buy a ground wire kit,because i'm replacing my spark plugs and wires anyways, so i figured i would go ahead and try this "mod" out. I had a misfire on cylinder 1 thus the reason why i'm changing the sparkplugs/wires.Do you think this "mod" is worth the money?I wasn't sure myself so thats why i ask if anybody else has done it and felt a diff. in performance.

I've already searched and it came back with 2 results.They weren't very helpful!

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
no

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I was looking into buy a ground wire kit,because i'm replacing my spark plugs and wires anyways, so i figured i would go ahead and try this "mod" out. I had a misfire on cylinder 1 thus the reason why i'm changing the sparkplugs/wires.Do you think this "mod" is worth the money?I wasn't sure myself so thats why i ask if anybody else has done it and felt a diff. in performance.

I've already searched and it came back with 2 results.They weren't very helpful!

you wont feel a difference in performance if you do it.

the only reason to add ground straps is if the factory one has high resistance, which depending on the age and mileage of your car it might. you could do it anyways and then when your factory strap finally goes youll still be ok. basically the more grounds the better just dont put all the straps to the same place on the block or chassis. if you have the money and want to do it then go for it but i think most people on here dont bother with it.

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
i have buy it and have in my garage for abouth 3 months and i try to install 3 times the 3 times i rejected because i feel i can blown something i will prefer to install to a honda or other car i have see in spmotorsports they have a ground stabilizer i will think is better or i am wrong???

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/svtmexicali Contour SVT 98 #1862 of 6535 born 06/11/1997 9.20 1/8 mile semi slick www.rudos-racing.com
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by RRT_SVT:
i have buy it and have in my garage for abouth 3 months and i try to install 3 times the 3 times i rejected because i feel i can blown something i will prefer to install to a honda or other car i have see in spmotorsports they have a ground stabilizer i will think is better or i am wrong???

Holy cow, that's some crazy spanglish you got there.

The Contour does not need a grounding strap because the spark ground itself right back to the coil. The spark never leaves the block, wires, or coil pack. If there was an actual ground that the sparks relied on through the frame, then I would say it might help.

Spark goes in one plug, and out the other back to the coil. Wasted spark system.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Thanxs for the help guys..I don't think i will be purchasing one.

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RRT_SVT:

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard