Print Thread
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Hi again!

So, I'm planning to run Boston in April and I'm runnig for a charity that a friend of mine works for called World TEAM Sports (TEAM = The Exeptional Athelete Matters). http://www.worldteamsports.org

The organization helps plan team-oriented sporting events for the disabled to keep them active. I'm planning to host a fundraising party at the Dockside in Wakefield (time TBD) and encourage any of you to join me, friends, and family to build support for the effort. (In addition, the dockside will donate a portion of their proceeds from the entire establishment that night to the effort.)

My fundraising goal is $3,000 and I hope to reach that goal by April 7. This would be my first marathon and I am very excited to finally participate.

I'll post here with updates. April 17 is right around the corner and I'd appreciate your support!

Cheers,
Brian

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
wow, marathon runner, eh?

the dockside is where the food for my birthday party came from.

let us know when and i will try to be there!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
April 6! PM me your email and I'll add you to the Evite, if interested...

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Well, Spring is almost here and the marathon training continues. I ran 1/2 marathon in Boston this Sunday and finished in 1:55, which translated into an 8:47 pace. Right where I want to be for the big day in April. It felt so good to finish, as I've never done a 1/2 marathon before.

Online donations for the marathon effort can now be made via this site:

Baco's Marathon Fundraising Site

Any contribution is greatly appreciated! All money goes to World T.E.A.M. Sports, a local non-profit.

Thanks!

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Nice job! I run my 2 miles a day...that's it. I can't even imagine running a 1/2 marathon, forget a whole one.

Good Luck!

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
thanks for the good words. did my 20 miler yesterday and it was tough, but my last big run before the marathon is officially done!

only a few days left. is anyone planning to meet at the Dockside on Thursday? i have some neat prizes for the raffle.

Email me if you're thinking of coming.

B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
hey all! Marathon is 2 days away. look for bib # 21443!

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard