Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
This all depends if my car gets out of the damn shop anytime soon!!!!!!!!! what a pain in the as!!!!! She has been in and out of the shop for the last 2 and half months!! but i think it should be ready tomorrow so im down to meet up at the Q on friday night me and some friends will be there so anyone is welcome to come down to race or watch. 20 bucks to race all night or 5 to watch all night. what a deal!!!

1998.5 Silverfrost SVT, DOB 5/6/98, 5848 0f 6535 1999 contour sport v6 atx LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I would love to come (especially since my car should be fixed tomorrow! After 3 months!), but I graduate from my class this Friday so I'll probably be out drinking with my classmates

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
That's 20 bucks for you kids under 30 to race. And whats the hell is wrong with you peoples cars. I know I'm a little late but what is really going on. See this is why you people should have bought SE's (LOL). Wait, Eddie didn't you buy your car from Mark? Did he have any of these problems with the car? what are you doing different that Mark didn't do?
And Paul, are you having the same issues or something different going on with yours?

The Q sounds good, i will try to make it but nothing promised. And whats the story with Big Country, is he gone already and did not say peace to his brotha or is he still in town?

I drive a Ford, what else do you need to know??
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Paul and Fast Eddie are back, Excellent! Paul what was the fix? Eddie what upgrades did you go with? You guys need to see my "new" 95 SE. BTW Steven was in a bad accident and the Focus is no more, he is driving the white SE.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Well my issue took so long mostly because no one could figure out the problem. First the ignition would not turn off, so I replaced the ignition switch, which did not help. Soon after it wouldn't even start and I noticed the PATS light going crazy. So I took it in to Bob Baker Ford (I should have known better) and after two weeks of tearing my car apart they replaced the PATS transmitter, but still couldn't get my car to start. The service manager called and told me they were giving up and that I needed to come tow my car out of their shop .

So then I took it to Broadway Auto Electrical in Lemon Grove which came highly recommended from all the local guys I know. After over 2 months there, they still could figure out the problem. So yesterday I took my car over to Drew Ford in La Mesa and within two hours they called me back to tell me they figured out the problem and it would be done that day! I actually didn't believe them when they called me back later to tell me it was done. I quized them on whether it was actally starting and everything, but aparently it was all good. So today I'm going to go pick it up .

I'll find out more when I go down there, but from what I understand there was some faulty wiring going down to the clutch safety switch and the powersteering module that had to be replaced

Drew Ford has definitely earned themselves a new customer!

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by path914:
Well my issue took so long mostly because no one could figure out the problem. First the ignition would not turn off, so I replaced the ignition switch, which did not help. Soon after it wouldn't even start and I noticed the PATS light going crazy. So I took it in to Bob Baker Ford (I should have known better) and after two weeks of tearing my car apart they replaced the PATS transmitter, but still couldn't get my car to start. The service manager called and told me they were giving up and that I needed to come tow my car out of their shop .

So then I took it to Broadway Auto Electrical in Lemon Grove which came highly recommended from all the local guys I know. After over 2 months there, they still could figure out the problem. So yesterday I took my car over to Drew Ford in La Mesa and within two hours they called me back to tell me they figured out the problem and it would be done that day! I actually didn't believe them when they called me back later to tell me it was done. I quized them on whether it was actally starting and everything, but aparently it was all good. So today I'm going to go pick it up .

I'll find out more when I go down there, but from what I understand there was some faulty wiring going down to the clutch safety switch and the powersteering module that had to be replaced

Drew Ford has definitely earned themselves a new customer!

1998.5 Silverfrost SVT, DOB 5/6/98, 5848 0f 6535 1999 contour sport v6 atx LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Hey Eddie how long has your car been in the shop? I walked pasted your car a week ago. Maybe i could check it out when its all fixed. Im about to start planing my 3L swap. So if anyone has advice it would be helpful. I might be down this weekend to watch some races.

3L process done
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Well, my car is running again. It looks like a lot of my issues arose because Bob Baker Ford screwed up a bunch of my wiring . They also charged me for a new PATS transmitter that I apparently didn't need... Anyway, Drew Ford was great and it works now so that's all that matters. Although, there are a bunch of little weird issues that need to be fixed. My fan stays on when the car is turned off unless you turn the knob to off. My interior door switch lights also stay on. My turn signal stalk doesn't switch off after I've made a turn. And my right front speaker doesn't work, although I can probably figure that out on my own. So I will be taking my car back in early next week to figure out those issues.

Also, between Bob Baker and Broadway Auto, my car got even more dings and scratches then it had before (which were already quite a bit as anyone who has seen my car knows...).

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Hey Eddie how long has your car been in the shop? I walked pasted your car a week ago. Maybe i could check it out when its all fixed. Im about to start planing my 3L swap. So if anyone has advice it would be helpful. I might be down this weekend to watch some races.

My god Damn Car is back in the shop again i will be un able to make the races this weekend. It seems that i might just have the same problem as paul i dont know but it died while the car was being test drivin and would never start again!!! i went early this morning to go see if i knew what had happened but i have no idea so it is now in an electrical shop and well see how long this takes now!!!!!!! God i think if one more thing goes wrong im going to get all the guys together and im going to blow the damn thing up!!!!! i have put almost what i paid for the car in it with in the last two and half months. I think all i can do is just cry why me?

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard