Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Hey guys. I have an issue I hope one of you can help me with. Short end of the story: I need some rims for my SVT. On the cheap. That roll. Don't even care if they're steelies, just that they're 15" or larger, 4 X 108.

The story goes something like this...a week ago I was driving while at work. I was on a narrow two lane road on the Navy base. I crossed the white line on the right avoiding sideswiping a semi that was crossing the double yellow lines to my left. It wasn't exactly an emergency maneuver...this happens all the time on this road. Unfortunately for me, just over that white line where I crossed, the road is eroded away a bit. Essentially it's a huge pothole. Both right tires hit it. HARD! I had only 1/4 mile to my destination, so I continued on, not thinking the damage was as bad as it was. As soon as i exited my car I noticed my front tire was rapidly losing air. I then rushed out to Les Schwab to asess the damage.

Two of my rims are bent, one fatally. One tire is likely damaged beyond repair, but I'm not sure. Not sure about alignment or suspension parts yet...I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Luckily I have the lifetime alignment at Firestone.

So where I'm at with this: The car is sitting in my driveway making me sad. I'm working on a deal for another set of E0 rims, but I won't have them for some time. I have to pay for them, which will take a bit of time, then they have to be shipped. I just need something to get me on the road now. Call em winter rims, whatever. Don't care if they're pretty.

OK, this is the part where I grovel:

PLEEEEEEEASE!!!

I'm down in Portland this weekend. I'll be driving back north through Seattle on Sunday, so I can pick up from anywhere. Let me know!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
dont they have junk yards there?

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Posted on 01/26/2006 by MNSVT
This ad expires on 02/25/2006
Located in: MN

Konig Reasons 15inch wheels with 205/55/15 tires.
Only on car for 5 months. 4x100 or 4x108 bolt pattern.
Local pick up only. Paid $900 for them new. Asking $275
Will supply pictures upon request.

nolefan@charter.net

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Posted on 01/24/2006 by tour96se
This ad expires on 02/23/2006
Located in: NY

i have a set of 1998 svt five spoke wheels..not the cobra style the early ones,includes center caps...looking to get 175.00...no tires

tour96se@hotmail.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
dont they have junk yards there?

Yes, they do. I have spoken with several over the last week. The only ones that have anything I can use (15" or larger) want a large amount of money for them. One place wanted $275 a rim for 15" Focus Alloys!

Thanks for the classifieds quotes, but I've already been there. I'm currently speaking with tour96se about his E0 rims, but like I said in my post, I'm looking for something a little more "right now" and "on the cheap" read: no shipping costs. I need a set of winter rims anyway.

Anyone?

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I don't have any rims.

But I do have a spoon.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DDV:
I don't have any rims.

But I do have a spoon.

I want my spoon back!

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
There were some 4 lug rims for sale about 5 miles from my house. I will be heading out that way in about an hour. I will see if the bolt pattern is 108. I am about an hour from the Navy Fed Credit Union. I will be back around dinner time.

99 Contour SE Sport
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
You know you can go to the city hall and they will direct you to a claims department. Make sure to have a receipt for the new rims. Also pictures of the road and your rims. I had to do this down by my house. They had to replace 2 tires and 1 rim a year or two ago on my original 95 ses.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by auiotour:
You know you can go to the city hall and they will direct you to a claims department. Make sure to have a receipt for the new rims. Also pictures of the road and your rims. I had to do this down by my house. They had to replace 2 tires and 1 rim a year or two ago on my original 95 ses.

Unfortunately this happened on a Navy base, which is federal property. It'll take months for them to pay me, but they likely will from what I've heard.

I still don't have any rims. If I have to beg...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard