Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Webmaster
OP Offline
Webmaster
L
Originally posted by muntus:
Originally posted by todras:
They're on pg. 46 of the catalog BTW. Can add a Torsen and keyed tower as well. Guess who is doing the upgrades to these?

I think TH is going to sue somebody.

I doubt it... BAT is in partnership with him.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
They're on pg. 46 of the catalog BTW. Can add a Torsen and keyed tower as well. Guess who is doing the upgrades to these?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:

-Lance

Sarcasm doesn't always come through very well when typed. Looking at the options offered by BAT, it is blatantly obvious who is building their transmissions. TH is going to sue nobody. TH is going to get paid.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Woo Hoo!

Just placed my order with BAT for a new MTX75 and a Torsen Limited Slip!

BAT is shipping it directly to HMS. Iâ??m going to ask Terry to make it bulletproof (or at least install the mods he offers). BAT has a list of modifications and prices on their website, but they suggest dealing directly with HMS. I was planning to ship my current 99 SVT MTX75 to Terry anyway, but this saves me the trouble and leaves the car drivable until serious wrenching commences!

I am installing a turbocharged 3L in my 99 SVT this fall, so this will come in handy!

I bought ADCâ??s last T3/T4 kit and Keith says I should be making 400 HP without too much risk. I donâ??t think the stock tranny is up to those kinds of numbers.

A happy deal for me!

Terry should say thank you for the visibility heâ??s getting in this post. It directly resulted in at least one sale today!

Now all I need is a short block and ported heads and...

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Now all I need is a short block and ported heads and...

buy the noble engine long block!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:

-Lance

Sarcasm doesn't always come through very well when typed. Looking at the options offered by BAT, it is blatantly obvious who is building their transmissions. TH is going to sue nobody. TH is going to get paid.

Well, given that (which I did not know), it'd be worth the coin.

It's just, I can't figure out how (why) TH is selling a tranny with all those upgrades for $1800. If you add up the BAT prices, it'll be considerably higher.

Not picking on BAT.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Talked to Terry about my transmission, Easy guy to talk with! Not in any hurry at all and fully explained his suggestions. I basically asked for the works mechanically:

Install Torsen
Roller bearing Shift Forks
Keyed Shift Tower
Zetec 3.8 Final Drive Ratio
HT coated internals

Terry is going to ship it to me in a big plastic box via DHL. A brand new transmission with these mods should hold up for a while (I hope).

I have some choices to make in regards to drive axles, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel â??? but I have time to collect parts.

Sometime late this year Iâ??m going to park my SVT next to this big pile of parts, wave my magic wand and say â??EVOLVE!â?

That should do the trick!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Talked to Terry about my transmission, Easy guy to talk with! Not in any hurry at all and fully explained his suggestions. I basically asked for the works:

Install Torsen
Keyed Shift Tower
HT coated internals

Terry is going to ship it to me in a big plastic box via DHL. A brand new transmission with these mods should hold up for a while (I hope).

I have some choices to make in regards to drive axles, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel â??? but I have time to collect parts.

Sometime late this year Iâ??m going to park my SVT next to this big pile of parts, wave my magic wand and say â??EVOLVE!â?

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Whats so great about the zetec Final drive? Does it make the engine run at a lower RPM when on the freeway? How low of an RPM if this is true? My Zetec MTX-75 Sits at about 3K doing 70 MPH.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Talked to Terry about my transmission, Easy guy to talk with! Not in any hurry at all and fully explained his suggestions. I basically asked for the works:

Install Torsen
Keyed Shift Tower
HT coated internals

I have not been able to find any batteries for my magic wand. Do you have a source?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard