Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
i am in Wichita and used to have a Csvt. sold it (bad mistake). looking for another one. any ideas????? my email is blarose@weavermfg.com and blarose@cox.net

we are on a mission, with overtones of extreme personal danger
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
There's one for sale in the classified in MI. It's a STEAL of a deal too! Not black, but check it out anyway.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You'll have trouble finding a SVT in Kansas. I think there were only two authorized SVT dealers in the state...one in Wichita and one in Topeka. I've only seen ONE SVT to date, and it was driven by a middle age lady as a commuter car. I saw it once, and I've never seen it again.

The vast majority of Kansas men prefer pickups to cars, especially four door compacts.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Too bad.. I just sold my black E1 for song.

It wasn't in "great" condition, but it was meticulously maintained and a hard performer. Always good to hear that there are people still looking for these gems.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
If you are looking for a fixer-upper, I have a wrecked CSVT for sale. '99 with 68,xxx miles on it. Still drives straight; needs a new roof, front driver fender, and rear bumper. Quoted at ~$3.5k for repairs.

All stock with the exception of a K&N and a B&M short shifter.

1999 Tropic Green SVT - Rolled 1/24/06 She will be missed.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Beachboy:
You'll have trouble finding a SVT in Kansas. I think there were only two authorized SVT dealers in the state...one in Wichita and one in Topeka. I've only seen ONE SVT to date, and it was driven by a middle age lady as a commuter car. I saw it once, and I've never seen it again.

The vast majority of Kansas men prefer pickups to cars, especially four door compacts.

Maybe in Topeka there aren't any? I see at least 1 a day, if not 2 other than my own that sits in the garage.

Almost every dealer in the KC Metro area is/ was an Authorized SVT dealer, even teh deler in Lawrence was. Do you ever see any Cobras or Lightnings?

When we (the KC group) get together, there are at least 3 left of our original group that haven't moved on to bigger and better cars. YOu really shoudl check out www.fast4doors.com and get together with us sometime. I think I am the only 1 from KC that still vistis here.

Back to the original point of this post though, I haven't see any 4-sale. Might check cars.com or ebay.

Good luck!

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I would definitely expand my search to the KC and OKC areas. I have known of 3 or 4--one I know is owned and raced by an SCCA member. Another one was owned by a fellow employee who got transferred. Another was owned by a fellow employee who sold it when his wife had a baby. One other I see around Derby every so often, and I assume it's always the same one, but I don't know the owner.

I see more SVTs than early SEs around here. Somebody's got to be selling one eventually.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Eric my boy, this is Branden from wichita. i came up to KC a couple times a few years ago and met up with you and the rest of the kc crew. i had the t-red 98.5. i did sell it because i had just broken up with my old girlfriend and was worried about money. i couldnt stomach the thought of getting rid of my bike (GSXR 750) so i sold the tour. i sold it to my ex-girlfriend who shortly their after blew the motor then blew the tranny. she got hitched with ex-bestfriend and they still have it, i think. i did see in the classifieds on this site he put it on there for sell. i never heard if he sold it or not. anyways. i should have never sold that car cause right after i sold it, i got a promotion and everything would have been ok. anyways again, i am looking for another Csvt. i would really like a 2000 model but it kills me that all i see is tan interior. i think the dark blue interior looks much better. anyways, for the third time..........thats my story and i have a lot of questions for you guys about some new products i am seeing on here for these cars. like B&G springs, they look good. and are there any new exhaust systems out for these? i need to get my parts list started. it's great to see your name on here and it's good to be back. lets keep in touch. tell outlawed and rest of those hellions i said whats up.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I thought it was you!

Glad to hear all is going, apart from you not having a SVT, that is.

All is well here, everybody is still good, we still talk, but don't hang out as much as we used to.

Good luck finding a SVT, aftermarket hasn't changed that much, really. This site is still the best resource for anything and everything Contour related though, so you came to the right place!

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Eric, when you get a chance, take a look at the 98 Csvt in the classifieds for 5800 (price dropped) and tell me what you think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard