Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Isn't Robbie's car still for sale?

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
No, he is keeping it now.

That may change tomorrow now that mark got a new car though.

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
B
B
What did Mark get now? Sheesh that boy changes cars faster than most people get hair cuts!

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Eric L:
Originally posted by Beachboy:
You'll have trouble finding a SVT in Kansas. I think there were only two authorized SVT dealers in the state...one in Wichita and one in Topeka. I've only seen ONE SVT to date, and it was driven by a middle age lady as a commuter car. I saw it once, and I've never seen it again.

The vast majority of Kansas men prefer pickups to cars, especially four door compacts.

Maybe in Topeka there aren't any? I see at least 1 a day, if not 2 other than my own that sits in the garage.

Almost every dealer in the KC Metro area is/ was an Authorized SVT dealer, even teh deler in Lawrence was. Do you ever see any Cobras or Lightnings?

When we (the KC group) get together, there are at least 3 left of our original group that haven't moved on to bigger and better cars. YOu really shoudl check out www.fast4doors.com and get together with us sometime. I think I am the only 1 from KC that still vistis here.

Back to the original point of this post though, I haven't see any 4-sale. Might check cars.com or ebay.

Good luck!

Eric, I was told that the only SVT dealers in Kansas were Laird Noller in Topeka (they also have the Lawrence dealership) and one Wichita dealership (probably Rusty Eck). I don't consider KC dealers "in Kansas" because they are at the extreme end of the state. When I bought my Mystique at a major Ford dealer, I asked about the SVT Contour, and the salesman just shook his head and said "you wouldn't be interested in one of those". Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I remember seeing one local SVT back around 1998 at a gas station, but I never saw the car again. I drive 100 miles a day on I-70, usually slower than most folks, so I get a chance to see everybody passing me....and I've NEVER seen a SVT Contour in the 15 years I've been making this daily commute to work.

I have seen one or two Lightning pickups, which isn't surprising, since Kansas is pickup country anyway. When I was having my oil changed, Laird Noller had a Rousch Mustang on the showroom, but with the pricetag (can't remember how much, but it was HIGH) I doubt if many were sold.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard