#1499576 02/09/06 04:57 AM
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Hi All
Computer problems have kept me away for a while, but now with my computer now working ok, the Contour decides to act up. Driving home tonight on the DVP, in stop and go traffic of course, I start hearing a god awful racket. All the gauges showed good, no CEL, but the idle dropped to about 400 or so and got a little rough. Got out and had a listen to it, but it was hard to tell. Sounded like a monster exhaust leak when I finally heard it well from the outside. Front manifold cat started leaking maybe? The amazing thing was how it went from nothing to huge right away. So I took it to the local shop tonight to find out what the deal is. Should know tomorrow. Doubt I will get it done there if it is anything major, as these guys are NOT cheap!
As luck would have it, this happened at like the worst possible moment financially. {sigh}
The joys of Contour ownership!
Thanks for reading. Just needed to vent a little.
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
#1499577 02/09/06 06:02 PM
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Talk about stupid. The problem was that a spark plug had popped out. Same mechanic had put in the plugs originally. Been in for about 2 years now. I guess it screwed up the thread a little, but they tapped it out and it is up and running again. Go figure. Would explain why the sound was so weird. Oh, and they tried to sell me a full set of plugs and wires too. Said that they were all original and needed to be replaced. Explained to them that THEY had replaced them when I got my car....
Gotta love mechanics.
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
#1499578 02/10/06 03:15 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by bigerik:
Hi All
Computer problems have kept me away for a while, but now with my computer now working ok, the Contour decides to act up.
Erik

I know how you feel. My Sympatico as been at less than dial up speed for 1.5 weeks now.
They're comming tomorrow to find out why as they can't find the problem.

Talk about stupid. The problem was that a spark plug had popped out.

Ouch, at least it wasn't a pre cat..

they tried to sell me a full set of plugs and wires too. Said that they were all original and needed to be replaced.
Explained to them that THEY had replaced them when I got my car....
Gotta love mechanics.
Erik

This is why I left my mechanic after 16 years.
He was great, but then started to go the route of Crappy T.
You don't need it, but I'm gonna sell it to you because I need more money!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard