Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I was looking around, and couldn't find a whole lot of performance mods for the Zetec. If someone knows a good source or smaller, less drastic performance mods they should let me know. I don't really have the money to turbo, supercharge, or swap out my engine. Besides exhaust and ECU I can't find much. Is there even a dual exhaust system available for the Zetec?
Also, does anyone know if they make clear corner tail lights for the 95-97 Contours?

If any of this seems ridiculous, I apologize. I'm new to the forum.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
There's no true duel setup availble as there's only one manifold in the front of the engine. You can split it into two pipes if you want or put an SVT exhaust on it. Some have done it and it sounds pretty good. Not sure if anybody did that and headers tough... Might sound

Last edited by Tisby; 02/08/06 11:14 PM.

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Look at the sticky at the top of this forum. There is tons of things listed you can do.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Purple95LX:
Also, does anyone know if they make clear corner tail lights for the 95-97 Contours?

They never made clear/altezzas for contours. I have heard you can make them if you tails from pre 98 contours. If you break the red housing there is a clear housing under it. I have never tired but I think there is someone on here that did make them. Go to a junkyard buy a set and try it out.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
correction

Originally posted by jtour:
They never made clear/altezzas for contours. I have heard you can make them if you tails from all MYSTIQUE tails . If you break the red housing there is a clear housing under it. I have never tired but I think there is someone on here that did make them. Go to a junkyard buy a set and try it out.

only the mystique tail lights had the clear plastic under the red....just clearin that up so no one gets any "suprizes"

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
well putting a simple cia on will wake the motor up a little

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
there's a couple you can do to get some extra zip for pretty cheap. exhaust, intake, underdrive pulley, headers, then they start getting more expensive. cams, turbo or supercharger. also, you can mod the suspension for better handling aka. springs, shocks. get better tires and wider rims (of course light as you can) for traction. if your a psycho you can get a nitrous oxide system ( i don't suggest ) the list really goes on, but there's also a ton of asthetic stuff you can do too, but that's not what you asked about so...i won't go there.

caleb d.

-Contour's dead, but is being revived...
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by ford zetec2:
after than, what do i do with the 98 short shifter? do I place it in there like it is?

Stick it in your butt and rotate.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
as for the clear front corners...you have two choices..well three really,but i'll only go over the two i've done,first you can take the lense off the housing and dremel/sand the orange out=time consuming,secondly you can get the ones from the mondeo and fill in the gap in your fender,since they arent shaped the same at the corner=time+paint+$,since you'll need to repaint the fenders...for the rear end,if you can get some mystique tail lights from a junkyard you can cut the red lense off the tails underneath you'll find a clear lense...i did it this summer,took all of 10 minutes and 6 dollars for the dremel bit...i sold them to skrilla187 he has them on his very custom se,but i got the idea from amarv12,..looks best on white,and prob wouldnt look to bad on silver either
...on their are tons of mods for the zetec,just wont find them at your local pepboys or TOONer shop(thank god!!!)anything you can do to a honduh 4cyl can be done to the zetec,headers,cams,sprockets,tb,no2,s/c...etc.. for a exhaust check ebay,and the site classifieds,for a budget the svt exhaust is your best bang for your buck,good size for a n/a 2l,and not too loud,usually can be had for 100 or so,i think you can find one today,intakes,well you can just go open filter and attach it to your stock tube,or get creative like sleeperz....these cars are handlers first and foremost,so dont expect crazy gains from small mods..and btw good luck to ya

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard