Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
R
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fwhyte:
[B]Real Name: Forrest
I live in San Jose, but work in Milpitas at ADAC LAboratories as an HR IS Analyst.

I live in Antioch, work for the U.S. Army as a Recruiter.
Forrest we need to get together and compare some notes since there is only a few V6, MTX's here from north cali on the site.

'95 V6 MTX green/tan
15" BBS modas
SHO/SVT Pipes & cat
remounted resonator (too much drone)
bullet muffler
2" drop
de-knaubanize, de-badged
kenwood head, pioneer door mounts
10" isobaric box
rear strut bar
chip
SMA straight intake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To 1FUNSVT,
Here is the list of stuff I have done to the 99 SVT...Exterior: Carbon Fiber Sail Panels, color matched lower rear bumper & Powertone exhaust tips (3.5" with mesh inserts). Engine:KKM w/heat shield, mod chip, Mobil 1. Chassis: Eibach Sport Springs, Yellow Koni adjustable shocks, South County Motorsports rear sway bar, Team Dynamics Motorsport wheels 18X8 with Nitto 555 225/40/18. Interior: Momo shift knob. On order yet delivered: Baer 13" front brake kit with special 2-piece lightweight rotors (gas slotted only), Performance Friction pads, stainless lines. Rear KVR pads and stainless lines. I will have the brake stuff on the car by December. The reason for the brakes is that I consider brakes just like real horsepower for the end of the straight. If I can't beat some car down the straight, I will outbrake them and exit the corner faster to make up for it. I have tried to do things to the car to make it look touring not ricey. More industrial, hardnosed & purposeful. I really enjoy it.I have owned quite a few "performance" cars and the SVT is starting to feel and behave very "performance".

What - that's all? Sounds cool. So where's the pics? I already have another toy as my money pit, so I'm leaving my SVTique as the daily driver/grocery getter.

C
C
Chad Stroven
Newark (East Bay)

didn't know there was this much interest in the N. Cali.

------------------
98.5 SVT
Glasspack instead of resonator
KKM Tru Rev
Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/chrome tapered pipes

Chad
-----------------
http://www.1dzine.com
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
L
L
Home: Orangevale, CA
Workplace: Intel

So, when *is* the next meet?

------------------
92 SHO, 211k, 14.78@96.3
00 Contour SVT, 3k, definitely slower

92 SHO, 224k, cams, etc, 11.6" brakes, lots of suspension work
00 Contour SVT, 18k, stock
S
S
Home: San Jose/Ozark, AL
Workplace: Video Store Owner

Hope you guys don't mind me signing on here.
Grew up 6th-12th and a year junior college in San Jose. My mom still lives off Lawrence Expressway and 4 brothers/sisters in bay area and one in San Luis Obispo.

You know about costs there better than me which is why did not return in '92 after leaving Army. I already had a 1600ft2 house that I designed and had built in '86 for $65k in a subdivision built around golf course. My wife still works on Ft Rucker,AL which is home of Army flight training. She is also horse nut, has 2, which would not work out there.

VMCiii, you were my first post on this site as you may recall. Toadster, I see your name a lot and see that several of you work for Intel. Anyone know Intel guy last name Lamey? Glad to see that Katy is not actually Gus. Guy Apple I worked all night on weekends at 7/11 just off Lawrence Xpressway in Sunnyvale. Is it still there?

Talk at ya later.

------------------
Kickimus Maximas Buttimus
98.5 EO SVT Torreador Red
97 F-150 W/ 2 horse/habit

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
Lance, what has been done to that SHO? Through open track sessions (not in my Tour, in my Stang), I have met the guy with the quickest SHO on the planet. He makes 405HP *at the wheels*, about 450 @ the crank. I'm too tired to remember his name right now; I think he has an English accent, he's in his 50's, and I think he lives in the north Bay (or somewhere in the Bay area). I also met another SHO guy (1989 car) who is making 252HP at the wheels, about 280 at the crank.
He and I were chasing each other around Thunderhill last spring. I think his name is Bernard, and he lives in the north Bay. Interestingly, at Watkins Glen back east, I saw the 1989 SHO SCCA Showroom Stock Ninja Turtles car. Hilarious paint job.

Quote:
Originally posted by lcheney:
Home: Orangevale, CA
Workplace: Intel

So, when *is* the next meet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To SVTCole,
Hey the 7-11 that you're referring to is the one on Benton. I know it well. My wife is on a first name basis with the current owner because she buys Lotto tickets there all the time and my son goes to Santa Clara High just about a 1/2 mile away further down Benton. Small world you know...
Guy

V
V
SVTCole and Guy Apple, I know the 7-11 at Benton and Lawrence Expwy. I lived near there years ago. I'm very familiar with the San JO/Santa Clara area. Mtn View too! Take Care!

------------------
1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver Frost Metallic/Midnight Blue
Panoramic Rear-view mirror with clock.
AIWA CDC-MP3 Stereo System.
Diamond Rio MP3 Player
Custom Pedals, Valve stem caps, license plate screws.
TravRoute Copilot GPS with Toshiba Notebook Computer.
40.8K miles.

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver Frost Metallic/Midnight Blue - 64K miles.
S
S
Guy Apple/VMCiii,You guys are bringing back old memories. Previous owner was retired bus driver from Arizona.Retrospect was probably lucky never got robbed so close to getaway road. Good to see a couple of high rollers buying SVTs. I imagine the peer pressure to do the yuppie things is high . . . not that we are that young anymore. What other performance cars have you guys owned in the past?

------------------
Kickimus Maximas Buttimus
98.5 EO SVT Torreador Red
97 F-150 W/ 2 horse/habit

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard