Next Thread
Print Thread
#1498084 02/07/06 09:19 PM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I sold my SVT about 2 or 3 years ago and have always missed it. Since then I've owned a 2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary, a 2000 Integra GSR, and a 2001 Integra Type-R. Now the person I sold my Contour to is interested in getting rid of it. The price is VERY right although the car won't start and has a big crack in the front bumper. I know front bumpers are near impossible to come by, and the local dealer wants $700 for one! Needless to say, I don't want to get this car and have to dump $700 into it right away (plus paint). I've looked on car-part and in the classifieds, but haven't had much luck. Suggestions, comments?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
hit up FORDSVTPARTS on SVTPerformance for a front bumper and I'm sure you'll like the price.

Or you could just by my 3.0L Turd....

Ryan Trollin!
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
hit up FORDSVTPARTS on SVTPerformance for a front bumper and I'm sure you'll like the price.

Still ~$500 shipped... jeez. Thanks for the info though! I guess I'll have to wait until one pops back up in the classifieds. The entire car needs some paint and minor body work, I'm thinking about getting it professionally flat blacked and clear coated. The car isn't going to be daily driven, just a track and autox whore. I need to order a Torsen LSD asap

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by buchsvt:

Still ~$500 shipped... jeez. Thanks for the info though! I guess I'll have to wait until one pops back up in the classifieds. The entire car needs some paint and minor body work, I'm thinking about getting it professionally flat blacked and clear coated. The car isn't going to be daily driven, just a track and autox whore. I need to order a Torsen LSD asap

pm svt pete........errr gto pete..also i might be getting rid of mine so i can pick up a andy front bumper..also keeping looking at car-parts.com...i bought mine for 185!!!came with svt fog's,lower mesh and supports...and in mint condition

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I believe you can buy aftermarket brand new non svt front bumper on ebay for about $49. Then buy a Mirko for post 98 model. Paint them nicely and you get something looks as fierce as real svt + mirko.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

What a great sales pitch.

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Silversvts:

What a great sales pitch.

its a term of endearment...

Ryan Trollin!
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Got the bumper today from Pete, the car should hopefully be in the paintbooth this weekend. I'll post pics once it's painted!

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard