Print Thread
#1496963 02/06/06 06:17 PM
K
Korfu Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
A{fter 10 years of upstate new york driving my rear brakes are ready to die. Mainly jus the calipers need to be replaced. Im ready to order them thats not the problem, my question is ive never been able to get my ebrake to work right. I have tried the fix in the HOW TO with the new cable and return spring but asside from hitting the ebrake arm with a hammer it just wont turn. So if i am replacing the rear calipers i may as well try to fix that issue at the same time.

Do the new calipers replace pretty much the entire rear braking system or are they just purely just the calipers.

Sorry if i am confusing, but im pretty sick with strep.

O Yeah 95 SE 4wheel disc ABS.

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
#1496964 02/06/06 06:25 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The park brake mechanism is built into the rear calipers. Other than the cables and the park brake handle mechanism. Of course, you will still need pads and whatever is required for the rotors (machining or replacement).

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#1496965 02/06/06 06:28 PM
K
Korfu Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Thanks big Jim. I already have pads rotors and everything i think the arm may be the bad part... anyone know a part number for the arm mechanism.

Ive already contacted Bill J about the calipers!

Thanks for all the fast responses

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard