Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Hey there, I need to have a new EEC programmed for my keys. I have a 99 SVT EEC that I need the PATS to accept my keys. From what I understand, you need a NGS with the Green module programming card. I don't know if anyone in my area (Metro Detroit Area) has this, or if anyone knows if local shops would have this. Also, if I do need to take it to the dealership, how much will it cost? Thank you!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Some local key shops do have NGS units, but not many. Try calling around. Particularly try mobil key shops that respond for the Auto Club.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Let us know the progress on your PCM swap. I talked to my buddy I posted about last week yesterday. He say it's going to take all day to upload all the PATS info on the PCM. There are 3 different PATS systems BTW. He says it's not practical for someone to do with a 98+ Contour unless you have a hook up with a dealer. Their is much more to it then I can even recall. It's pretty complex. After talking to him I have my doubts that too many people have done it. Where are the guys that said they swapped to the XGT1 PMC to use the Tweecer? What did you have to do. Just lucky with some years/computers?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
The XGT1 is the only EEC from the SVT (or any) Contour that the memory addresses have been identified on. That is the reason you can tune with the XGT1 and not other EEC's from the SVT. I know the hardware and software guys who created the TwEECer through the boards and tuning with my Mustang and all (I own a TwEECer RT) and they bassicaly said yeah, we can identify the addresses and offsets of the memory locations on any EEC, but there isn't any real demand for a non SVT EEC so they weren't willing to spend the time. I also have a BIN editor that I can use... the TwEECer will pull any BIN off of any EEC correctly, it's "decoding" it that the software needs to be there for. From what I understand, the XGT1 and 2 are simply standard and cali. emissions versions, and the MNQ2 calibration is damn close to the XGT1, just more than likely very slight addressing differences... if that's the case, I am going to read it, see if I can work with the BIN, then possibly persue getting TwEECer support with it... not sure yet, but the biggie is getting MY key codes inputed into my MNQ2 so that I can get the BIN and also so I can drive the car with it.

The dealership I called was clueless and didn't understand what I wanted to do, so I went home at lunch and grabbed the EEC and all of my spares. From what it sounds like, it'll cost me like 80 bucks at worst to get them to throw my key codes in the EEC. That sounds about right... I'll try to talk them down, but we'll see.

I'll post back in a couple of hours and let you know how it goes.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, or don't have enough info, but did you swap PCM's, so you could use the twEECer? Why not just use the SCT Pro Racer Package? Sorry if I'm way off here.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, or don't have enough info, but did you swap PCM's, so you could use the twEECer? Why not just use the SCT Pro Racer Package? Sorry if I'm way off here.

Mark

sounds like what I want to do, put a SVT PCM into my SE but for that to happen the keys need to be programmed so that it can be used, so the dealer needs to do it or you need the keys from the car the pcm comes from

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by BrApple:

Mark

sounds like what I want to do, put a SVT PCM into my SE but for that to happen the keys need to be programmed so that it can be used, so the dealer needs to do it or you need the keys from the car the pcm comes from

I guess I'm not seeing the advantage of this. The only advantage I can see, is if you're leaving the SVT PCM completely stock. Even then, that's a hack way of tuning. If you want an aggressive tune, do it right and buy the Xcal2 and/or Pro Racer Package. You have access to all of the same perameters on the SE PCM as you do with the SVT PCM.

Mark

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Mark

I guess I'm not seeing the advantage of this. The only advantage I can see, is if you're leaving the SVT PCM completely stock. Even then, that's a hack way of tuning. If you want an aggressive tune, do it right and buy the Xcal2 and/or Pro Racer Package. You have access to all of the same perameters on the SE PCM as you do with the SVT PCM.

Mark

well I am looking at it two fold, after seeing Dom's gains with the SVT PCM over the SE one that has me interested, seems the program is better. Two I have a complete LIM/UIM/TB I am goign to bolt on, with the PCM I will not have to tune for those items and I can later on get a Xcal2 say when I get headers if and when that will be

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Looks like I found the only 99 SVT EEC that does not contain the PATS information... the one I have is like the 96, 97, and early 98's where the PATS system is seperate from the EEC. I know for a fact that XGT2 works since I tested a friends 99 SVT from California that has a XGT2... I used a blank key (key with no chip) that is cut for my ignition and held his key up to the tumbler... it started right up and worked fine... so it looks like I need to get my hands on a XGT1 or 2. I am shooting for an XGT1 though since the TwEECer works with that one already.

To answer questions above... yes, Dom (fordcontour.org) has a video and dyno scans of his bone stock SE 2.5L MTX making 3 pulls on the stock SE EEC and then 3 pulls with ONLY the SVT EEC changed... nothing else. The car made 20hp to the wheels with NOTHING else done... paper filter and all.

To answer the other question, I own the TwEECer and have the ability to burn my own chips... why would I spend more money on the other system? I can't tune my stock SE EEC otherwise I would, so I need to start with the SVT EEC... kind of nice that it makes 20hp to the wheels more than the stock one right out of the box though... I'll keep you updated as I go... I need to get a XGT1 or 2 to continue... I'll update later when I get one.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

Mark

Mark

well I am looking at it two fold, after seeing Dom's gains with the SVT PCM over the SE one that has me interested, seems the program is better. Two I have a complete LIM/UIM/TB I am goign to bolt on, with the PCM I will not have to tune for those items and I can later on get a Xcal2 say when I get headers if and when that will be

Just seems like a lot of unnecessary money going into it. How much is the dealer going to charge you to program your keys? How much are you picking up the SVT PCM for? For well under $400, you could have an Xcal2 tune with 3 programs, that will run an optimum A/F and timing advance, without having to program your keys. The SVT PCM is always going to run rich, unless you try and fool it with SE 17# injectors, which again, is a hackjob of a tune. There's no question that the SVT PCM is more aggressive, but it still needs a lot of work to be optimum.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard