Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Just get all the gaskets. If you havent ever pulled the UIM/LIM/TB/EGR/IAC then the gaskets on the TB/EGR/IAC will likey tear or fall apart. The Felpro gaskets from Autozone are of equal quality to the Ford ones. The Felpro ones also come in a pack of 4 (two LIM, two UIM) so it can make things a tad easier. Equally priced to the discounted Ford ones, plus you can typically get all the gaskets from Autozone in the same day (though they had to order either the IAC or EGR gasket, not sure. Came in by the next day.).

Valvoline carb cleaner works amazingly well for the LIM and TB. It pressure washes the buildup right off, often without even scrubbing. For the UIM you need to get something you can pour in, like Seafoam or Berrymans.

On a related note, WEAR GOGGLES WHEN SPRAYING CARB CLEANER! When I was spraying out the back of the TB, the cleaner shot back at me out of one of the groves (like putting a ladle under the faucet) and went straight into my eye. I thought I was going to be blind, and I dont think Ive ever felt pain like that in my life. I had my open eye under a stream of water for like 10 min, and I could feel it all day I would have felt like such a tool if it caused permanent damage.

Goonz, this thread has reminded me that I still need to make me a oil seperator. Thanks for the reminder

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by todras:
$100! I think a set of 4 UIM/LIM gaskets is $38 at Napa. Average is $40. Autozone can get the Felpro ones too. I don't change any other gaskets. Reuse TB/IAC/EGR.

Shouldn't it be the other way around about reusing the gaskets? I would think the UIM/LIM gaskets would be more reuseable than the TB/IAC/EGR. Don't those gaskets seal themselves after a little while with heat?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, you're wrong. With the few cleanings I've done, I've reused the TB/IAC/EGR gaskets, and replaced the intake manifold gaskets once.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Pssh, dont listen to Mark. Just get new ones. The only harm it could do is lighten you by maybe $20 and you might actually do some preventative maintenance. Big whoop.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
$100! I think a set of 4 UIM/LIM gaskets is $38 at Napa. Average is $40. Autozone can get the Felpro ones too. I don't change any other gaskets. Reuse TB/IAC/EGR.

Shouldn't it be the other way around about reusing the gaskets? I would think the UIM/LIM gaskets would be more reuseable than the TB/IAC/EGR. Don't those gaskets seal themselves after a little while with heat?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, you're wrong. With the few cleanings I've done, I've reused the TB/IAC/EGR gaskets, and replaced the intake manifold gaskets once.

Mark

i'm with mark...i clean my manifolds once every month,(that its on the road) and i've only replaced the upper/lowers once..tb twice and thats it

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I know of many people having vac leaks reusing UIM/LIM gaskets when they have some age on them. If you have over 30-40k on the gaskets I'd suggest getting new ones.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
If you have over 30-40k on the gaskets I'd suggest getting new ones.

Personally? +1

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by tour96se:

i'm with mark...i clean my manifolds once every month,(that its on the road) and i've only replaced the upper/lowers once..tb twice and thats it

Well you have replaced the originals, so the new ones cant be all that old.

If you have never done it, I would highly recommend replacing all of them to avoid any potential leaks (which will throw a CEL).

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
WTH? $100??

Go through Bill J and get the entire thing for WAYYYYYY LESS than that.

I got everything I needed for $66

Did you go through Bill J?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by mean'tour:
WTH? $100??

yea, he did

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by mean'tour:
WTH? $100??

yea, he did

yes I did, this what i said to him

Bill Im gonna be getting this done, I need all the required items like the gaskets, o-rings and what not

$66, great guy to deal with as well

Haroon

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard