Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
hmmm, any reason why i couldent make this weekend project and do it myself? I have some know-how and ive done a few things on my car (TB optimize, redid brakes etc) This would be BY far the hardest thing ive done.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Tourige:
hmmm, any reason why i couldent make this weekend project and do it myself? I have some know-how and ive done a few things on my car (TB optimize, redid brakes etc) This would be BY far the hardest thing ive done.

don't see why not, I went over the how-to and it is pretty straight forward, saw it done once also, it isn't that bad, just take your time

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
It's a little more involved than a brake job, but nothing you can't do on your own. if anything, just start it early in the morning to give yourself the whole day to work on things, and let the intake manifolds soak. Get yourself a TON of shop towels, some Valvoline carb cleaner, and all of your gaskets. Just be patient taking the intake manifolds off if you've never done it. Definitely refer to the how-to if you get stuck.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Its really not that hard...just time consuming. Take everything off slowly and lay it out in order. If something won't come off easily, don't force it. Stop and think about why it isn't coming off. Do a search and review the past 6 months CEG postings on UIM/LIM cleans. Lotsa good tips in there. The re-tourque everything properly.

Also, while your UIM/LIM is off, may be a good time to replace plugs and O2s.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
goonz..if your uim/lim looked that bad your heads/valves are no way shape or form clean...you should've taken a small flashlight and looked deep into the heads,i bet the valves were all gunked up....you've seen how ryan took care of his car/engine,when i pulled that engine you should've seen the buildup on top of the valves..it looked just like the adv. pics you see in parts stores for intake cleaners,nasty,but thats just me
...also it really isnt time consuming unless your pulling the lim,in which case you need to be careful of the fragile wire harness...you should be able to have all the manifolds pulled off in 10 mins or less

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
How would you clean the valves?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by elraido:
How would you clean the valves?

you dont really....not sure why i wrote that

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
how about we spary carbon cleaner into the top of them until it comes out of the tops?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
would TB cleaner work good on the Carbon build up? Cause they dont sell berrymans here in canada.

I think im gonna do this on the weekend (seeings as how my headers wont be coming in) I JUST changed the plugs and oil like a month ago, no need to change them right?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
would TB cleaner work good on the Carbon build up? Cause they dont sell berrymans here in canada.

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I used 6 cans of this stuff, it worked WONDERS! got it from autozone

Hmmm??

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard