Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
my car will be turing 10 years young this december..

A SVT built in December '96? Man thats early mr #9.

Im sorry i meant november..lol even earlier

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Looks good.

I wish I had taken pics of a local guy's pre-98 w/ 150k miles that had never been cleaned. THAT was nasty.

Best tip for cleaning - a warm engine. The carbon buildup comes off so much easier.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Best tip for cleaning - a warm engine. The carbon buildup comes off so much easier.

yea mine had been sitting in my garage for 2 days..warm engine would also be a pain because everything will be hott when touching

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

yea mine had been sitting in my garage for 2 days..warm engine would also be a pain because everything will be hott when touching

Open hood.
Start car.
Turn off engine when UIM becomes warm (not hot dummy ).
Remove.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
lol

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
my UIM almost never gets warm....most of the time it is fairly cool to the touch. Wierd.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by Tourige:
i wish i had the know-how to do this, id be afraid of running stuff (ie injecterors and whatnot) Ill just stick to the can of Berrymans.

Won't do crap. Yeah, the car might smoke and spit out tons of junk, but take the manifolds apart and they will look just about the same as they did before cleaning them.

Wrong, ive done it before, before there was MAJOR hesitation when the secondaries opened, but after doing it the car seems to run WAY better, im sure it could be cleaner more with the re-build but im just scared of ruining some stuff, stuff that dosent come cheap

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
i wish i had the know-how to do this, id be afraid of running stuff (ie injecterors and whatnot) Ill just stick to the can of Berrymans.

Won't do crap. Yeah, the car might smoke and spit out tons of junk, but take the manifolds apart and they will look just about the same as they did before cleaning them.

Wrong, ive done it before, before there was MAJOR hesitation when the secondaries opened, but after doing it the car seems to run WAY better, im sure it could be cleaner more with the re-build but im just scared of ruining some stuff, stuff that dosent come cheap

its really not that bad as you think..I was paranoid the whole time but once you get to it, its really jsut a learning process about your engine..its totally worth it cleaning all that crap by your hand and actually seeing it as clean as its posted in the above pictures..

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Wrong, I did 2 cans of berryman's b12 chemtool through the intake manifolds when I purchased my svt. It looked like

. I tore the UIM/LIM down with the help of a few local CEG'ers and the car preformed so much better with the full teardown. As much as you say you get a preformance increase with the non-teardown method, just think of the jump if you did it correctly?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
it has been covered before it is best to tear everything down and clean the UIM and LIM, then at a interval that you set you can run the Berrymans through the intake by the vacuum lines to help keep things clean. Also a oil seperator is also going to help alot too

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard