Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
engine idles crappy, but when your driving or giving it gas its fine, runs good, also revs kinda high when you tap the throttle in park. whats wrong?
I was told to check throttle body,intake air temp,and many others. they didnt help, any other ideas.(i have one ) i looked all over for help and found that they had a recall on the pcm(hmm), i bought the car new but never got the recall info from FORD. many mech. said that the wiring was messed up. any help. THANKS

1999 Ford Contour SE 2006 Bruteforce 750 4x4
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
so the question now on the table is, did you clean the maf, tb, and iac, or did you not?

-Contour's dead, but is being revived...
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by ford zetec2:
after than, what do i do with the 98 short shifter? do I place it in there like it is?

Stick it in your butt and rotate.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Clean/replace the IAC.

Do the throttle hang fix if still needed.

Not sure what you're referring to about a PCM recall since there haven't been any. The wiring harnesses were for older models. In any event, just call the service department at your local Ford dealer and give them your VIN # and ask them if there are any open recalls. They'll be happy to help you out on them.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
I did clean the maf, tb, and iac. still doesn't idle right!!!
Also the recall, i must have been talking about the ignition recall, my car won't give my key back /////

1999 Ford Contour SE 2006 Bruteforce 750 4x4
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The ignition key situation happens to me every so often. Just jiggle it back and forth until it locks the steering wheel (the main reason the key won't come out.)

Another reason that idle is crapy, that it may be the timing belt. A tooth (or more) may be missing, but unless you have the right tools you may have to take it to a mechanic check it out.

Originally posted by projectSHO89:
They'll be happy to help you out on them.

Ford... help... with your car. I laugh at your sarcasm.

Maybe if you raise h3ll, then they might help you.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard