Addicted CEG\'er
G
bump?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Bro,

I'll be the one to say it. You're gonna have to pull your UIM and make sure that both sides of the LIM are opening. Perhaps one of the little clips broke, and only one side is operational. Plus that way you can do a better inspection to make sure everything is tight, where its supposed to be, etc...

The only time I had my vehicle pull to 6000rpm and not have power was when my IMRC failed. You need to rule out the big basic items before you start playing around with smaller items (TPS, etc...)

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Mod-Deth:
Bro,

I'll be the one to say it. You're gonna have to pull your UIM and make sure that both sides of the LIM are opening. Perhaps one of the little clips broke, and only one side is operational. Plus that way you can do a better inspection to make sure everything is tight, where its supposed to be, etc...

The only time I had my vehicle pull to 6000rpm and not have power was when my IMRC failed. You need to rule out the big basic items before you start playing around with smaller items (TPS, etc...)

oh man that was my last resort..today i cleaned the MAF, changed the TPS..im running outa options now

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Mod-Deth:
Bro,

UIM and make sure that both sides of the LIM are opening. Perhaps one of the little clips broke, and only one side is operational. Plus that way you can do a better inspection to make sure everything is tight, where its supposed to be, etc...

What little clips? Are you talking about the IMRC grommets?

Those have been replaced with brand new ones. They aren't loose like the old ones.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
oh man that was my last resort..today i cleaned the MAF, changed the TPS..im running outa options now

Let me guess....you still didn't change the fuel filter?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Let me guess....you still didn't change the fuel filter?

no not yet..i'll do that tommorow when my garage is dry

G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
well i think i may know what the major problem is..in the begining you know how I said that my headers were lit glowing red cause of all the heat, which was the result of the wire sequence being messed up. I think during that 10min testdrive where all this happened, I may of clogged my cat which had caused the headers to glow red. As a result I have no power because the car cant have a proper flow back. Another thing I also noticed was that while idling I cant hear the exaust in the back, like Id be standing behind and it sound like a lexus, cant hear anything, maybe my cat is preventing flow? what you guys think? and is there a test I can to really see this is the problem? cause my car does smell like rotten eggs all the time before too

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
remove your downstream o2s.. see if it clears up... this eliminates the main cat.

if not, replace and remove the upstreams to elim. the precats.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Drop the the catback along with the cat, unless it's built into the y-pipe. Then you could drop the y-pipe.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I think glowing headers are a pretty clear indicator. Mixed up plug wires shouldn't cause them to glow. I don't think the firing order would create enough exra heat to do that. Sounds like the main cat is a pretty good start. Time to upgrade to a hi-flow cat.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard