Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I still have my old IAC which really didnt look that bad. You think changing to my old IAC would do me good? I also checked the IMRC cable under the fuel line, didnt seem it was under all that pressure, seemed to be just fine..Im running outa options, why arent my secondaries working! or are they and im just not feeling a thing! ahh i hate this! i need to get my shilt together

while having my TB off, I dont think I took off the sensor attached to it..umm is that bad?

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I still have my old IAC which really didnt look that bad. You think changing to my old IAC would do me good? I also checked the IMRC cable under the fuel line, didnt seem it was under all that pressure, seemed to be just fine..Im running outa options, why arent my secondaries working! or are they and im just not feeling a thing! ahh i hate this! i need to get my shilt together

while having my TB off, I dont think I took off the sensor attached to it..umm is that bad?

...you guys got that cleaner all over your uim didnt you???? that doesnt come off,now you have to have that thing repowder coated ....turn the car on,and push on the linkage,look for the secondaries to open and close..could be stuck open/closed...plastic clip for the front bank could've broke too....if its stuck open it'll cause a rough idle

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tour96se:

...you guys got that cleaner all over your uim didnt you???? that doesnt come off,now you have to have that thing repowder coated .

Chris has a point, it ate some of the powder coating off my UIM and it now looks like crap.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
looks like your wires are sitting on top of your sec. linkage

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I'd check your TPS. That messed up my idle without throwing a code.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
guys you think an old fuel filter might be the problem to bad idle? just a thought

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
guys you think an old fuel filter might be the problem to bad idle? just a thought

Yes.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
alright, I checked the secondaries and they are opening..thankfully..however I dont know why but the car feels slow in first gear? the rev's go up fast as they are suppose to but still it feels slow..my intake is freakin loud as hell now!! its a CAI and is suppose to be mellow but its sounding a lot like my old ru-3530..hmm..anywho what else can I check for?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by tour96se:

...you guys got that cleaner all over your uim didnt you???? that doesnt come off,now you have to have that thing repowder coated .

Any particular reason that engine paint wouldn't work?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
ok I just went out for another drive this time a little further down..I noticed no high end power, but the secondaries are opening..weird..and also while cruising at like 45mph in 5th gear, the car is jittering, its not smooth, usually 5th is my smooth gear..it was jittering an awfull lot untill i decided to turn back and head home before somthin else..on the way back I pushed first gear to 6K and my speedometer read 30mph, thats not right, way to slow..wtf is goin on!?!? I changed my IAC and ordered a new TPS to fix the idle up..IAC didnt do it so hopefully the TPS would and cleaning out my MAF..but that power thing, pissin me off now!!!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard