Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
No They Are The Same, That's What I Used And Fits Perfectly. Just Be Careful Not To Break The Small Plastic Retaining Ring That Is Left In The UIM Boss. If You Look On Your UIm You;ll See That The Line Pops Into This Ring (Actually It Is More Like A Sleeve). In Order To Pull One From The Junk Yard, It Is Much Safer To Have The UIM Removed From That Vehicle So you Can Use A Pocket Screwdriver to Pop The Line Out From The Bottom. This Will Help To Ensure That You Don't Break The Line Or The Plastic Retainer That Holds It In Place If You Need That Piece Too. Good Luck!!!

Yea I'll hit up my local junkyard tommorow

if you cant find one i got them.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
No They Are The Same, That's What I Used And Fits Perfectly. Just Be Careful Not To Break The Small Plastic Retaining Ring That Is Left In The UIM Boss. If You Look On Your UIm You;ll See That The Line Pops Into This Ring (Actually It Is More Like A Sleeve). In Order To Pull One From The Junk Yard, It Is Much Safer To Have The UIM Removed From That Vehicle So you Can Use A Pocket Screwdriver to Pop The Line Out From The Bottom. This Will Help To Ensure That You Don't Break The Line Or The Plastic Retainer That Holds It In Place If You Need That Piece Too. Good Luck!!!

Yea I'll hit up my local junkyard tommorow

if you cant find one i got them.

you have a PM

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Just for grins, go and check the spark plug wiring again.

That's certainly where my money is. Of every PM, phone call, and IM I've received about running rough after cleanings, its been the wiring order.

sure enough it was..car runs smooth and starts right up..instead of being 465 on the coilpacl, it was 546! I wasnt the one who did that area anywho about the vacuum line, maybe i should try a junk yard then, are the se and SVT lines are different?

Damn! I think my brain was starting to shut down on me at 1 AM after working on the car all day. Sorry dude.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Crap. I have a fuel leak. Everything was fine, it held pressure and worked beautifully. After running for a bit it acted rich, then VERY rich, and then I could see gas squirting out. Looks like I'll be doing this again next weekend, too. Maybe it is time to get all the injector o-rings done, huh?

The reason I'm posting is because I want to get an injector to have on hand in case one of them went - should I pick one up at Auto zone or someplace, or do I need to go to Ford, and how much are they?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Crap. I have a fuel leak. Everything was fine, it held pressure and worked beautifully. After running for a bit it acted rich, then VERY rich, and then I could see gas squirting out. Looks like I'll be doing this again next weekend, too. Maybe it is time to get all the injector o-rings done, huh?

The reason I'm posting is because I want to get an injector to have on hand in case one of them went - should I pick one up at Auto zone or someplace, or do I need to go to Ford, and how much are they?

Goonz has an extra set of O-rings for ya.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Phil, I wish i knew before I came back to SC. I have a bag of injector o-rings left over from when I did my UIM/LIM cleaning.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I have the nose o-rings, but I didn't use them because I didn't want to mess with the injectors that are only two years old. I'm looking to get a spare injector.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
You can still buy the vacume lines through Ford. I snapped both my lines in a cleaning last week and I got a new set through Bill J. They're not cheap. Here's the part #'s.

F5RZ-2420-AE List $23.53 Inet $17.52
F6RZ-9E498-AD List $34.07 Inet $25.37

Those are for the two vacume lines and the inserts that plug into the UIM are:

F5RZ-2A411-A List $10.95 Inet $8.15 each

FS: Stock Diff. Stock Shift Forks SE Front and Rear Bumper
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
DyComet, for reference, can you specify which vacuum line is which?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Just for grins, go and check the spark plug wiring again.

That's certainly where my money is. Of every PM, phone call, and IM I've received about running rough after cleanings, its been the wiring order.

sure enough it was..car runs smooth and starts right up..instead of being 465 on the coilpacl, it was 546! I wasnt the one who did that area

Good lord how many of us have done that same thing!!!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard