Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I dont know where to begin...Tony (csvt1214) will also describe as he was there helping me with the clean up..

We did a whole UIM/LIM clean up..new manifold gaskets, egr gasket, TB gaskets..changed the plugs to the autolite P740 or whatever it is..wires to the magnecor 8.5..everything went smooth..only thing we were having some problemm with were the wires..they seem to be very lose on the plugs even though we pushed hard on them to make sure they were stuck on but yet again they would come off with the slightest force which was very odd..another thing that broke was the Vaccum hose that feeds in the UIM, we kinda taped it for temporary untill i can get a new one from ford..I'm not gnona drive it untill i have that, we taped it just so we could fire it up and see if she was normal, but no, somthing had to go wrong

all said and done came time to start, wouldnt start, the engine was turning but no start..Tony and I read up that some maybe used the gas peddle pumping methood so we tried that..nothing..only heard minor pop sounds during the car trying the start..then my battery died after trying to start it for a while..jumped it and then got back to starting it again..it was starting to turn over and finally it did with rediculous rough idle so we kept it reved high for a bit..after almost 5 min we let go so that it could idle on its own for a bit..(we did pull the computer fuse before starting to reset it)..we then took it for a minor test drive to see if kick somthin in the engine..Tony drove and he said he was flooring it with absoloutly NO power..and my exhaust was EXTRA EXTRA loud, we drove it around the block and came back to my house, popped open the hood and saw the front header lit up red he shut of the car and we smelled somthin burning..luckily there was no smell of gas or anything like that around the UIM/LIM..but that fron header was lit up for a good 10 min untill it cooled down (it was pouring out too) we checked everything, all the wires seemed to have been in place..the wires connecting to the coil pack were all in the right order. I dont get it everything we did was exactly as told in the HowTo's..What got Tony confused was the fact that why my front header was soo hott that it was lit up red?!? It still idle'd rough..after we killed the engine I dare not start it untill i know whats going on, the nearest autozone is like 10 miles so I cant go get a code reading, I know I'll get a bunch once I go back and try to restart it..Tony will chime in on more details..

I dont know what happened? why the hell was the header lit up!?!?and just the front one too, not the back one

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
First of all did u clean hte intakes while o nthe car??
So did u dump alot of cleaner down the intakes??

The migh tbe the problem too much cleaner was spayed or poured into th elim to clean it resulting in a flood of fluid in the combustion chamber!!

Pop noises is miss fire, did u make sure hte wires are all in correct fireing order. don;t mess up the front wires 132 fireing order

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Arhethia:
First of all did u clean hte intakes while o nthe car??
So did u dump alot of cleaner down the intakes??

The migh tbe the problem too much cleaner was spayed or poured into th elim to clean it resulting in a flood of fluid in the combustion chamber!!

Pop noises is miss fire, did u make sure hte wires are all in correct fireing order. don;t mess up the front wires 132 fireing order

Both manifolds were cleaned after being removed from the engine. All holes were plugged up to avoid anything dropping into the heads.

We will have to check the firing order again, but we did check it and everything appeared to be in the correct order.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
My guess would be:

1. Main Problem: crossed spark plug wire(s).

2. Too much cleaner inside the engine prior to startup. Did you turn over the engine AFTER the cleaning with the spark plugs OUT to pump any cleaning solvent out of the combustion chambers?

1995 Contour SE, Duratec V6, 5 Speed
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Cleaner will burn out within a minute.

Excessive unburned gas from a mixture problem or lots of missing will get to the CAT and cause very high temperatures. If only the front CAT glowed red then the main problem is on that bank.

Carefully pull the plug boots back some, snap onto an old plug, and then push the boot back down.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I'm having a similar problem. I just finished the cleaning, and it's all back together. It cranks, but there's no popping or any sounds of life at all. I got some cleaner in the cylinders, but I cranked it with the plugs out last night. There's no CEL other than a coolant level. Ideas?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I have spark, and there's gas on the plugs, so I seem to have fuel. WTF? I put in a tighter TH fix plug while I was in there, but I was on the gas while cranking, so that doesn't seem like it could be it. I'll let them cyliners dry out and try again later without the plug, I guess.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Yep! I found about five other threads where you gave that advice. Sure enough, a little oil in the cylinders got it going after a LOT of cranking and stumbling. It smoothed out now, and all seems fine!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hows it running?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard