Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PDXSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I got some repairs done to my eccentric old beater and had another mod installed. Might anyone locally have a color scanner and knowhow to help me post some fresh off the machine new dyno results? Marty? Shotwell? Woogieman?

I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Too good to be true? Wait 'til you see the print outs and judge for yourself. I'm not stating the #s yet because someone will scream BS.

It was done today on a Mustang dyno at Fast Specialties in Vancouver WA. They say they've worked on other Contours before but mine was the first CSVT they got to play with. And they enjoyed it. While my car was there, they were also installing a supercharger into someone's FSVT.

BTW, Woodburn dragstrip opens in March.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
R
R
Can I ask how the car ran on the way home? Any performance improvement?

Ron

P
PDXSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It ran like a well-mannered screamer on the way home, it wanted to pull even when stomped on in a high gear at low rpms. Jumping on it in 1st and 2nd was an invitation to make the tach blur right. Much better throttle response. There was nothing subtle about the difference. And while the intake used to howl nicely above 5000 rpm, now it makes more of a whoosh.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I have a scanner and a site I can host pictures at.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
R
R
would you like me to send an electronic copy of the dyno sheet?

BTW...right after your tune, we put the FF AC Cobra on the dyno. That particular customer had purchased the car in Florida and it came with a Dyno sheet from the builder. He originally brought it in to see if the numbers were real, and from there have us start the tuning process, and begin adding boost, injectors etc. His Dyno sheet from florida was 425 HP and 436 ft/lbs. Our results were 420 hp and 436 ft/lbs. Verified with 3 pulls.

Ron

P
PDXSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yes, Ron, or if you could do a post for me on the dyno and drag forum here, that would be ideal. BTW, Ron, I took the contour past Pat's this morning and he drove it too, we're both impressed with your work. I expect Travis would have some extra Contours to play with soon.

Pat's going through Cobra withdrawal, but after driving the Contour he knows the wait will be better than worth it.

R
R
With some luck we should have Pat's done by Wednesday night. Here is picture of Dyno sheet:

Run 1: The bottom 2 lines are HP and Torque with the plugged exhaust. Roughly 110 HP. The next run was after new plugs, cat and wires. (3rd line form the bottom is torque, 5th line from the bottom is HP) Roughly 190 HP, which, with your mods appeared reasonable. The reason they are shorter then the rest is because this is where the car hit the limiter. Since the curve was still climbing, the rev limiter was moved up. Line 4 from the bottom is torque with the rev limiter set higher and after the final SCT tune, line 6 from the bottom is HP.
The top black line is AFR as delivered with the plugged cat. Below that is AFR after tune.

In short, by raising the limiter and manipulating the 1's and 0's the gain was roughly 20 HP in combination with all the other upgrades you had already installed.

Ron

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
nice numbers

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard