Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1495588 02/04/06 04:21 AM
Z
OP Offline
Z
98 Ford Contour SE. Duratec 2.5.

I've done alot of work so far on this car_and nothing is working. To the point, my car struggles, it struggles with the inital acceleration,and then is fine.If I decrease, or increase speed it jolts, or seems to have a real problem with power. I've had the spark plugs changed(as I followed a couple of posts here)I have gotten a new fuel filter. battery and alternator have been tested to be fine. My interior power box has been replaced. I have had my waterpump recently replaced. Another thing I noticed- when I stop the car from/to work or home the car smokes a bit on the passenger side?!!. Not sure if thats a seperate issue-being as how I just had a new water pump installed, and the thermostat isn't reading anything other than normal.

Another thing when I'm driving my overdrive light will blink on and off, and yesterday I noticed my my battery light come on and stay on when I was on the freeway even though there was power in the car, and my speedometer was reading O miles while I was going 60. HELP!!!!!!I have had to miss days of work because of these problems and this car is costing me more than I can afford right now!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Change the Vehicle Speed Sensor and then change the ATFluid and you should be good to go.

Read this.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1098608&Forum=trouble&Words=you%20are%20a%20genius&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=1096072&Search=true#Post1098608

What type of smoke from the passenger side? Engine or in the passenger compartment? Or by the wheel? Open the hood to have a look.

Last edited by Tony2005; 02/04/06 04:39 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Before replacing anything, go have the car scanned to get the codes. That flashing O/D light is like a CEL for the transmission's controls.

If you get a code that points to the VSS, then replace it.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard