Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Which is quicker, 29 or 81? I'd be coming from the northernmost tip of Loudoun County.

'99 Contour SVT
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
when I went from NoVA I took 95-84-58....took me like 4 hours to get there. Not much help, but take it for what its worth.

Ryan Trollin!
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I went down to Virginia International Raceway (VIR) yesterday to help pit-crew my friend's Miata for a 3 hour enduro. VIR is an awesome facility. The track is excellent, and there are a 3 or 4 different configurations for it. It took my 4 1/2 hours to get there from Lovettsville (255 miles, rt. 15/29 takes you practically door-2-door), which is about as far away as you can be from the track and still live in VA.

Anyway, there was a 1/2 hour "track tour" session between races where anyone could pay $15 to go out and follow the pace car. I thought we'd be just sort of cruising around like an amusement park ride, but I figured what the heck. What absolute, total fun that was. I've never tracked my car before, and the guy driving the BMW M3 pace car so no issues with topping out at 85-90 mph. Although I was no where near driving at 10/10ths the whole way around, I was definitely pushing very hard in some places. My 'tour creaked and groaned (moaned in ecstacy maybe?) in ways I've never heard it before. With the recently purchased Hankooks, and new front brake pads, the car performed beautifully.

If you have an opportunity to attend an event down there, I would highly recommend it!

'99 Contour SVT
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sounds intersting.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard