Next Thread
Print Thread
#1494655 02/02/06 05:44 PM
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Hi there...i'm new to CEG and a novice zetec enthusiast. I have a 95 Mercury Mystique GL with a 2.0 L 16 valve engine. Right now the car is stock (except the waterpump and alternator i just replaced) and I am trying to price the various upgrade options available. I am obviously thinking intake and exhuast first, and was considering upgrading my cams after that. I saw a lot of great upgrades on Burton Power's website, but am confused on the exact specs of my engine. I know I do NOT have VCT because the cam sensor is on the intake side, but I am not too sure about whether or not I have a Zetec E or S engine. I know I should have hydraulic lifters, since my zetec is pre 98, and I hear that there aren't a lot of options for those out there. Can somebody please tell me 1. What kind of engine I have. 2. What kind of lifters I have. and 3. What are my options for cam upgrades? I know this info is buried somewhere in the Zetec Performance Forum, and I have found a good bit of it but it is impossible to read the million previous posts. If I could get some assistance I would really appreciate it.

1995 Mercury Mystique MTX Zetec Silver Grape 130+ K and still going strong
#1494656 02/03/06 03:14 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
From a person who is in the middle of doing alot of head work, this is what i can tell ya... contact Brian Crowler of Crowler cams, he'll make you a set for under 300 bucks! I had my head milled and ported with all new seals and springs, and had the valves done for under 800 bucks. check ebay for lifters and gasket set, for which i paid 2 shipped. and DON'T forget to buy ALL NEW timing parts (pulleys and belt)! The hard part is finding someone to put it all on at a reasonable price... most people want between a 1000 to 1200 to install, my guy is doing it for 450. oh and zxtuner.com has cam gears on sale! and keeping looking on ebay for a header i got a good deal on one (50 bucks shipped)! good luck!

96 Zetec.........

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard