Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
"All show, no go". "Sleeper". "Looks stock."

People have different tastes and desires for what they want out of a car.

If you could only mod one area of your Contour / Mystique, what would it be?
Performance (intake, exhaust, headers, FI, 3 liter, etc.)
Aesthetics (wheels, tint, knauberize, pre-98 trunk, headlight mods, etc.)
Suspension (springs, struts, sway bar, strut tower bars, bushings, motor mounts, etc.)
Audio (head unit, speakers, amps, subs, etc.)
Braking (brake kits, rotors, ss lines, etc.)
None (like it stock and keeping it that way!)

As always, discussion is welcome and encouraged!

All polls I conduct are added to the Sticky: Archive: Polls of the week

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
With my SE I went with aesthetics first. Looking back I would have rather spent more on performance. Good thing I have the SVT to do performance mods to! Next week its getting darker tint and painted reflector though!

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My Contour was stock for the most part throughout its years. I liked it that way. I would need a new audio head unit - that was the only thing that truly dissatisfied me about the car in its stock form. The only other thing I changed about that car was adding an alarm system and doing a few recontents.

My current car is remaining stock for the most part, much to the dismay of others here trying to get me to add even simple mods. The only thing I want to add really is an auxiliary input to the stock audio so I can connect my iPod.

Last edited by 98 SE; 02/02/06 04:36 PM.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
suspension
I like a smooth ride.
I bought my 'tour as more of a commuter vehicle, so I don't care much about how it looks, and the radio suits me well enough. It doesn't need to go very fast either, as long as it gets me there.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i went with suspension. ive realized that the car will never be fast, and i already know that it handles like a champ now, so suspension is my best bet...imo

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I went with Audio mods. Simply because the stock set up is really horrible. Even though my first mod was tint and wheels I would have to go with the audio first if I had to do it all over again. I like the stock look of cars.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
how can you make us choose between "performance" and "suspension"?!

i chose suspension. while i found the svt's stock power (and suspension) to be rather impressive, you can only have so much power to get you to the twisties before youre lack of suspension will keep you from going around it quickly....

besides... i have both now!

come to think of it, i dont think i could live with the stock POS audio on this car.. so maybe that should have come first!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
suspension
I like a smooth ride.
I bought my 'tour as more of a commuter vehicle, so I don't care much about how it looks, and the radio suits me well enough. It doesn't need to go very fast either, as long as it gets me there.

Would you say the same of the Cougar?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You could spend thousands on HP mods and still not have any fun wallowing around an autocross course.

I'd love an extra 30hp, but I think there's a lot more bang for the buck in improving the suspension and getting the power I have to the ground. Some simple brake mods help, too, but they are a separate category. Come to think of it, I don't need big-money brake kits for what I do, but a few things like better pads and SS lines would be a help.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by 98 SE:

Would you say the same of the Cougar?

at first I was going to say "heck no, that'd be performance".
but on second thought, my answer would still be Suspension, especially since that's where most of the mods on the Coug are (struts, springs, front & rear stb).

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard