L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Bronco_SVT:
Originally posted by livinsvt:
I should have known if it involves your laptop, your all over it, asshat

Apparently it involves your mother since I'm all over that, too

BTW I never installed the stuff because I never got enough money to finish it, then there's the guy who paid me a big chunk of money as a deposit for everything, and hasn't contacted me in months. I'm thinking about just ebaying the stuff I don't need for the kit (2.5L forged pistons, another Spec St.3 clutch, manifolds, etc.) and finishing it for myself.

Is that why I have a new brother

Yes thats what you should do. Except why you didn't just install the stage three is beyond me. I told you I would help you out with finishing the kit. You have the expensive peices already. To bad your laptop isn't also a welder/faricator

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
#1493437 02/02/06 09:18 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Bronco_SVT:
I should have known if it involves your laptop, your all over it, asshat

Apparently it involves your mother since I'm all over that, too

BTW I never installed the stuff because I never got enough money to finish it, then there's the guy who paid me a big chunk of money as a deposit for everything, and hasn't contacted me in months. I'm thinking about just ebaying the stuff I don't need for the kit (2.5L forged pistons, another Spec St.3 clutch, manifolds, etc.) and finishing it for myself.

Is that why I have a new brother

Yes thats what you should do. Except why you didn't just install the stage three is beyond me. I told you I would help you out with finishing the kit. You have the expensive peices already. To bad your laptop isn't also a welder/faricator

It could be! Now to just find a robot with a USB port....

.... what was this thread about again?

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
#1493438 02/02/06 10:35 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Well fellas....

I just bought the last ADC T3/4 Kit! Keith is a real gentleman and a pleasure to talk with!

The check will be in the mail tomorrow.

Now to plan out a suitable 3L... I will probably go with a Buckshot short block from ADC and 3L heads ported to my SVT UIM.

Fun days ahead and what a relief this last chance showed up! Thereâ??s nothing like having a kit like this become history literally days before you plan to buy one!

My biggest dilemma was whether to keep my SVT 2.5L (28K gentle miles) and go with a T28 kit OR step up to a 3L with a T3/4 kit.

Keith is talking a potential for 400 front-wheel HP with little risk...

Decision made by default!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1493439 02/02/06 11:09 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Awesome! How's it feel, going from selling thousands in parts, for literally less than $50, to become the owner of an SVT, soon to be 3L turbo'd? It's gotta feel pretty wild!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1493440 02/03/06 12:44 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Awesome! How's it feel, going from selling thousands in parts, for literally less than $50, to become the owner of an SVT, soon to be 3L turbo'd? It's gotta feel pretty wild!

Mark

Its all fun! Truth is I never collected anything for those parts - I even paid the shipping. That wasn't about money anywayâ?¦

After I â??leftâ? the hobby I realized just how much I really like these cars! Plain Jane pocket rockets. Iâ??m a big believer in stealth. I may on rare occasion give someone a little surprise with 400 HP.

Contours, even the SVT models are now entry level â??firstâ? cars. Ragged out, filthy, ill maintained examples abound.

When I drive my 60â??s Fords, I generally donâ??t run across many similar cars anywhere (except for shows). The rare occasion I do, its invariably well maintained and driven by a friendly enthusiast as pleased to see my car on the road, as I am theirs.

With Contours, its usually some rotten teenager who gives me the finger for driving too slow in the right lane, or a cell phone mother with a Contour full of kids and dog, orâ?¦. Well you get the idea.

Tough to be an enthusiast for something thatâ??s given so little respect. The unbelievably cheap sale of Suneilâ??s Contour put the final nail in my opinion. I flat out decided I was not going to waste my time on late model hobby cars.

Funny thing though, I still logged on to CEG, and I still had a lot of respect for the engineering behind these cars.

The truth is that I still wanted to drive Suneilâ??s Contour!

Well, for no more than 3 or 4 times what it sold and a few hundred hours of my time, I will eventually own a match to Suneilâ??s car!

Of course I will also have a lot of fun putting this stuff together with my brother and my nephew!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1493441 02/03/06 01:20 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Congrats man, have fun putting it together with family, thats whats gonna be the most fun. Well that and whalloping the unsuspecting!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
#1493442 02/03/06 04:20 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
congrats on picking up the kit..
IMO i cant wait to see the new kit.. and its under 2500 there is a good chance I'll consider that over the 3L

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
#1493443 02/03/06 05:15 AM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Tour4reak:
congrats on picking up the kit..
IMO i cant wait to see the new kit.. and its under 2500 there is a good chance I'll consider that over the 3L

I might be picking up a kit for that price. "2500"

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
#1493444 02/03/06 07:23 AM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
stupid questoin but anyone think the "lesser" kit will be smog legal for us CA guys??

i can dream cant i?

ps, if it were, id almost definitely be down!!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

#1493445 02/03/06 08:33 AM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by svt4stv:
stupid questoin but anyone think the "lesser" kit will be smog legal for us CA guys??

i can dream cant i?

ps, if it were, id almost definitely be down!!

Do you have any idea of what it costs to get a CA Smog Cert? The kit would have to be 9 Grand to offset the cost... You CA guys got it rough!

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard