Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Does anyone know if Ford actually made any changes to the speedometer in the CSVT when they went from 205/55 in the EO to 215/50 in the E1? The 215/50 are slightly smaller in diameter, so I wonder if Ford accounted for that or if they just left it alone.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I'm curious as well with the recent discussion between the tire calculator advocates vs real-world tire selectors.

I brought this point up a couple weeks ago to a tire calculator advocate stating that if it was that important to maintain wheel size why did Ford change tire sizes resulting in a different overall diameter?

Knowing what I have seen from from Ford - no intermittent wipers on SVT, non-SVT radiators on SVTs, etc. I would be shocked if they actually spent the money to recalibrate the speedometer and odometer.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Pete,

I havent' been following the other thread, but if you mean that the tire calcutors should not be followed as and "end all", then I agree with you. I've also stated before that the sizing on tires are nominal and vary from one manufacturer to another. A Michelin 225/50-16 might be as much as 1/4" different in height and dia than a Bridgestone 225/50-16.

Oops, there I go hijacking my own thread.

I'd have to agree with you though, I doubt Ford would make any changes.

Henry

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard