Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
hey guys i just wanted to ask you all for an opinion!!!
Im having my engine swapped this week and im woundering if $600 dollars is a good price for a 100 000 miles engine on my 1996 GL plus the labor. If anyone done engine swapping let me know how much it cost you to do it. thanks

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
How many miles do you have on your current engine? I thought you wanted a LOW mileage engine? $600 sounds about right. My buddy was quoted $500 for an engine swap on a v6 silverado.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
My engine went out and The quoted $300 to put a new engine in but I had to find the engine myself, which was to no avail, so mine was rebuilt instead at the hefty price of 3 grand so consider yourself lucky and do it!

Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
well i boutght my engine few days ago and its already payed for and its in very nice looking condition. I will prolly go up there and pick it up today and have the guys install it tomm morning so hopefully by tomm night it would be all done.

HEY chriseichman
if you want to find an engine i would recommend to go to
car-parts.com they will have out engines in there you can even search it by the closest location. Thats how i found mine and im sure im gonna be happy with the engine.

well thanks to you all again wish me luck

1996 GL 2.0 16V Zetec DOHC AIM s/n- DJWhiterussian

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard