Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
It's not THAT hard to read. Seriously, if you have trouble understanding that, you should think about going BACK to High School if you're already out. ..Mark

ACTUALLY, I FIND IT HARDER TO READ THAT THAN THIS. WHILE THIS IS CONSIDERED 'SHOUTING', AT LEAST MOST OF OUR BRAINS ARE TAUGHT TO READ THIS AS CAPS CONVENTION AS OPPOSED TO HAVING THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD CAPS (WHICH IS NOT A CONVENTION BY ANY STANDARD). THIS IS MY POINT AND I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I just don't know how anyone would or could go through the effort to type like that. It just hurts my head. Did you type like that for typing class in H.S.? Is anything on this planet in English like that? NO!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Oscar Nominated Ray:
I, for one, think that its commendable.

How many people do you see stepping up the the plate to invest the time to write out ANYTHING, except "where do i find the gaskets", and the like?

I could care less about anything else.. He wrote it with a good heart.. with the intention of helping his fellow enthusiasts... and not with the intention of being belittled because it wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it. I don't see those readers writing this up, or even investing the energy to make it fit "THEIR" guidlines.. All I see is a bunch of whining.

So much for family oriented "enthusiasts"...

Ray, I think you are really short-changing the contributions of everyday posters to this site. Tons of people post suggestions and offer assistance in nearly every thread with nary a thank-you, yet someone writes a how-to and suddenly they're a god?

I most certainly take exception to the "good heart" cop out, that is complete BS. What if someone wrote a how-to that included bad part numbers, misses some critical steps, or is written in such a way to cause confusion? We don't give *them* a free pass. How about I post a how-to in French, would that be as helpful? Of course not!

"It wasn't done the way the READERS are wanting it"
Well WTF is the point? Helping the READER is the GD purpose of a how-to!!!!!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
You are missing some points:

the how-to helps the readers... it isn't written in a grammatical format that THEY WANT..

the part numbers could be wrong, how does that change if he did it with the right intentions?

I am not shortchanging ANYONE.

There are how-tos that are very helpful.. people answer posts that are very helpful.. I didn't say that they should all get a thank you.. I am saying the opposite.. why is it that Pale Horse gets LESS than "nothing" (gets ragged on) for doing the same thing? answering questions, regardless of grammar.

I don't see people getting crammed in the wall every time THEY answer a question with "nary a thank-you" they are simply passed by, letting the help speak for itself.

Can't that be done, here, too? If ya aint got something nice to say.. don't say anything...

AGAIN.. I stand by my statement. He did it with good intentions, and invested time.. if it doesn't deserve a "thank you" any more than any other help, then it doesn't deserve this bashing any more than they would, either.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I personally hate incorrect spelling and bad grammar. I could pick quite a bit out of every how-to available, but I don't. It's the fact that they took time to document valuable information, and pass it along to fellow CEG'ers, that keeps me from busting their chops.

It's the everyday usage of bad grammar and incorrect spelling, that makes swallowing glass sound like a walk in the park.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Meh. Fixing the caps problem took five seconds in MS Word. For that matter, most of the punctuation errors were fixable just by letting Word highlight them and then right-clicking through one by one and picking the Autocorrect suggestion. I still don't understand how a person can type that way, but when you consider that our how-to/reviews probably SHOULD undergo some sort of peer review and edit prior to posting, just to make sure nothing seems glaringly wrong, it's not that big a murderous inconvenience to drop the text into Word and do a quick reformat.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
For Those Of You Whom Are Not Negative Nancies, Thank You. Ray, Encouraging Words As Always!!! If You Cant Read My Posts Because A Capital Letter Frightens You At The Beginning Of Every Word, Then You Need To Go Back To Highschool And Have Some One Hold Your Hand Through English Class.

This Is The Way I Type And I Wont Change It.

Read The How-To. There Is Great Information If You Take The Time To Read It. You Can Also Drop My Post Into MS Word (As Done Above) With Very Little Effort.

Pete Thanks For Posting This How-To!!

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
For Those Of You Whom Are Not Negative Nancies, Thank You. Ray, Encouraging Words As Always!!! If You Cant Read My Posts Because A Capital Letter Frightens You At The Beginning Of Every Word, Then You Need To Go Back To Highschool And Have Some One Hold Your Hand Through English Class.

Read The How-To. There Is Great Information If You Take The Time To Read It. You Can Also Drop My Post Into MS Word (As Done Above) With Very Little Effort.

Pete Thanks For Posting This How-To!!

Man, you're weird.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
[I don't know why I bother posting this because you obviously don't understand or care to learn, and have found enabling servants to accommodate your asinine idiosyncrasies.]

It should be plainly obvious that you are the one whose hand was held during English class. There are nearly 13,000 registered members on this board and only you type in this mixed-case-gone-awry format.

At CEG alone it is 12,912 v. 1 and you're the "1"; so have fun taking on the world.

It is ridiculous to demand others to pacify YOUR shortcomings. Not only is this rude but it negates ANY possible positive outcome from your contribution. Just look at this thread for an example.

YOU know you have a "unique" typing style. YOU know many people have difficulty reading it. YOU have the ability to fix YOUR post in a word editor to make it easier on YOUR audience yet choose not to. YOU expect them to accommodate YOUR problem. It is mind-boggling and disturbing to see such behavior placated, ESPECIALLY on CEG. I honestly thought more of the people involved.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Fixing the caps problem took five seconds in MS Word.

Five seconds? I'll triple it and give you 15 - no way you're doing it.

Seriously though, unless you have some secret way, I don't see a way of correcting the caps very easily.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard