Next Thread
Print Thread
#1492577 01/30/06 09:52 PM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Hey. I'm new to this site and to the Contour. I just bought a 1995 Contour LX 4 cyl. I previously owned a 1991 Taurus, and was part of the TCCA, Taurus Car Club of America. I was semi-active on their forums and I'm glad I found something similiar for the Contour.

I don't get the Contour till Friday, and even then it needs a new Timing Belt. (does anyone know how much that costs, roughly?)

I'm interested in some minor engine modifications to quicken her up a bit. Nothing major.

I don't know, haha. This is a random "Hello" post.

Oh yeah, my name is Preston.

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
welcome to the show!

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Welcome...so where are you livin at?

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Purple95LX:
it needs a new Timing Belt. (does anyone know how much that costs, roughly?)

Wild guess it's a Zetec...

From O'Reilly auto, it's $27 for the belt and $174 for the kit (tensioners, guides, etc).

Also might as well as change the water pump while you have it all torn apart... New one is $70, reman is $43. Gasket is $3.

Add labor if you're gonna have a shop do it. It's kind of a lot of work, so it might be kinda high. I think mine was like $500 or so for everything.

Ya, what part of Iowa? I'm from Clinton, just north of Owen on the Mississippi...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I'm in Waterloo. Bought the Contour from a guy in Shellrock.

I'm probably having a friend of my family do it, so I'll expect at the most that $500.

Thanks

95 Contour LX Zetec Project "2.0" starting soon! LOOKING FOR: SVT Rear Bumper SE Lip Spoiler If you're selling either of these send me a PM - formerly known as Purple95LX -
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Im a manager at the new independence wal mart supercenter. I used to be a manager at the waterloo store but i will be drivin my contour to work sometimes when it gets nice again. Could probably meet up sometime

00 zetec contour
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Haha! Thats funny, my girlfriend lives in Independance. She'll be moving to Waterloo this summer for College but for now she's still w/ her parents. I'm in Indee just about every weekend, so yeah we could def. meet up sometime.

Link Copied to Clipboard