Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
does that mean the wireharness or just a short wire somewhere.also i went in a small puddel in the driveway 2 nights ago and the car act like it wanted to stall can that be from water hitting a bear wire or a short.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
That was most likely from water getting on the belt, and causing it to momentarily slip.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If you pull the ECT connector, and start the car the fan should come on and run continously. I am unsure if it's high or low speed. If it doesn't come on (along with the check engine light) you might indeed have a loose/broken connection to the PCM. There are 2 wires shown in the diagram. Does the turning on the a/c make the fan run? It should (if the a/c is working and it isn't below 45 or so.).

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
yes when i pull the ect the fans run first in low then in high. do you know what wires or color of the wires that go from the pcm to the fan to turn it on.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
When the ECT is pulled the fan goes on because the PCM told it to. If it went low for a second then high, I believe the pcm/fan wiring is OK, both speeds are triggered. The Zetec is supposed to run about to the "a" on "normal" and trip the fan. Does the fan trigger with the a/c? (or is it too cold outside). I recall somebody here said trigger point is 212 water temp which could be read by a fancy OBD scanner.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
yes the fan triggers with the a/c turned on . but when i go into town or slow moving trafic it goes up to the L.i have never let it get any hotter than that.so that is when i turn the heat or air on to cool it back down.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The heat will cool the coolant off the a/c because of the fan, will cool the radiator. I now invite Zetec experts to the stand . You probably have not overheated, although you may want to check the waterpump, sometimes they even fail in Zetecs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard