Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
A few Hybrid chip ordering folks lately have been having problems with there custom programs they receive from us. The problem is many people believe that they have 24lb injectors when they do not. Here is a list of 2003 3.0L 4V Ford Taurus box codes and the injectors they come with.

2003 Ford Taurus

Box Code Injector Size
OLV1 16lb
RXR1 22lb
ITW2 21lb
AEA2 21lb
NCB0 21lb

Injector color does not matter. I have seen white, black, pink, green, in 16lb, 19lb size. I hope this helps make people more aware of thier injector sizes before ordering a chip then freaking out about how it doesnt work right.

Arizona Dyno Chip

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Shawn,

Do you have a list of the injector part #'s themselves? I would bet that 99% of the people will not know the box code for the car their engines came from including myself. I would also bet that it's not necessarily something the junkyards keep on file to cross reference.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
yes please post the PN. I have my inj from my 02 sable motor sitting here waiting to install and would be very much interested if these are in fact 24. I have the svt 19 in now

2000 mercury cougar V6 5spd 3.0L SVT mated to my HMS tranny...... a wolf in sheeps clothing
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I wish I did. I had a pretty hard time coming up with just the box codes. I have called my guy at ford and they are just as lost as we are when it comes to color, part numnber, ect. All we can do is start a sticky and people can post which ones they know they have with teh part number listed on the side of the injector. From there we can all come up with a master list. Any other ideas???

Shawn

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Am I ever glad to see this thread!

I have been keenly aware of this issue as I am one of Shawn�s customers experiencing difficulty.

I want to be clear on something though. While ADC has not been the most responsive company I�ve ever dealt with, Shawn has made every effort to resolve these issues and I�m certain that my experiences are not par for the course. I�m just frustrated with the apparent lack of proper information, and what appears to be constant speculation that is thrown about as fact.

All I can say is that my engine came from a 2003 Taurus SEL Wagon. Box code? Not a clue, and I wouldn�t begin to know where that could be obtained.

Injectors are dark grey, blue ââ?¬Ë?oââ?¬â?¢-rings, exactly like the picââ?¬â?¢s Iââ?¬â?¢ve seen on here identified by several of the regs as 24# injectors. I canââ?¬â?¢t really get to them easily for a part number, as the car is in daily service and takin apart the top end on a cold winterââ?¬â?¢s day is not my idea of fun.

Sorry for the long post.

John.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Don't you have a 96 Contour? Why would you be using the returnless injectors anyway? I think I have about 8 sets of injectors from the varous 3L swaps I've done. It would be nice to figure out which are which.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
For $90 + shipping to them, you can find out for sure: http://www.witchhunter.com/index.htm

$15/injector includes return shipping

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well, this is very good information.

Since you have a 2003 taurus/sable motor, and none of the injectors listed were 24#, then I'd guess you don't have 24#
Assuming you can't find the right part number and rating, Take stab right in the middle of that list and you would probably be close.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
John,
If your injectors say 4260 283 2f1e 11 on them they are 24#

But I think even if your injectors were 21# and you had a tune for 24# injectors your car would run ok

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
THX for the info Nima!

Now, where are all the gurus jumping up n down to challange this info? Afterall, whats being said here goes against everything thats been posted on the subject.

I know there are some of you who work for Ford and could possibly set some things straight. I'm hopefull that one of you can jump in here and provide us with factual data regarding injector sizes on 3.0L duratecs.

Demon? I'm sure you have some thoughts...

Procyon (sry for the spelling) you have always been a source for amazing bits of information. Can you look this up?

CEG has been a great resource, but lets put this 'urban legand' to rest eh? I'd hate to see someone else waste the money I have on shipping and border charges, not to mention close to 4 months trying to get this right.

THX again guys... I hope someone can shine some light onto this.

Regards,

John.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard