Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Hi All,
I have been checking out this site since I got my CSVT a few months back. Man these cars are wicked and this forum has loads of great info. I've already managed to fix my sunroof (twice) and answered my throttle hang and fast idle problems.
Anyway, I need to get some work done to get this thing setup just how I like.
First, there are some electrical things I need taken care of. My headlights get dim when I take the revs over 6k. My cigarette lighter fuse blows constantly, and theres a car alarm in it that I would like to activiate.
I'm also keen to get a goodtune up done, maybe my little pup will go a few clicks quicker who knows.
I've seen there are a few guys on here in SD so look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks heaps, Zac

00 Silver Frost CSVT #1136/2150 Born 4 Jan, 2000
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Welcome Zac! Where in SD are you, that will affect any recommendations I would make. I would suspect that your headlight dimming is indicative of a battery or alternator nearing the end of its life (unless you have a sizable audio system). I would check those first before anything else.

Anyway, PM me with anything else you want to know and I'll try to help out or make recommendations for places to go.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Welcome to the boards. I guess the crew will hook up one day and you can meet the rest of the team. LOL. Again welcome

I drive a Ford, what else do you need to know??
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
We are very overdue for an SD meet IMO. I think we should have a going away meet for Eric before he moves across the country next month. What do you guys think?

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Agree, and you should bring some of your special "cough medicine" the cherry was tasty.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I have three batches that will be done early to mid Feb. I'm sure some tastings can be arranged...

S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the welcome guys. I live in PB and work in Chula Vista. What do you guys do when you have a meet?

If this sheds anymore light on my headlight issue, it is not as bad when I have my highbeams on. I had thought battery or alternator, and then with the highbeam thing, I was leaning to the alternator. What do you think?

I also had a guy suggest progressive electronics for my alarm. Has anyone been to these guys? Would they offer full auto electrical services?

Thanks again guys

00 Silver Frost CSVT #1136/2150 Born 4 Jan, 2000
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by path914:
I have three batches that will be done early to mid Feb. I'm sure some tastings can be arranged...

Maybe you could send a bottle of that stuf up here. I miss it

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by path914:

Maybe you could send a bottle of that stuf up here. I miss it

PM me your address up there and I'll send a little somethin' somethin'. They still do have addresses when you're that far in the woods right? They can stick it in a tree branch or something for you?

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
The shyt must be good if Dub is requesting a shipment. I'll have to try it eventually.

As far as what we do when we meet; there is one black guy that stands around and listens to a bunch of white guys talk car stuff then the black guy nods his head and pretends like he knows what the hell they are talking about.

Then we go get something to eat. LOL

Is that about right?

I drive a Ford, what else do you need to know??
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard