Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
So, last Tuesday night I'm on my way back from Sactown to San Jose in my beloved CSVT. I had a job interview in Folsom and I ventured up to Placerville to visit some friends. It started to rain and I deciced to pit in Manteca around 11:30. I refueled and headed out refreshed and anxious to get home before the real storm hit. Made my way on to 120 to 5 to 205 thru Tracy. I was feeling groovy while putting the pedal to the medal to climb the Altamont Pass on the 580. It was just after midnight and I had the road to myself mostly. Suddenly I see a huge concrete "log" in my lane, the kind of thing they but in parking lots as a stop barrier. YOu know the thing our CSVTs always hit if we pull in too close? Yeah THAT THING! WTF? Whammo! I hit it at 80 MPH straight on! No time to react, nothing but WHAMMO! I immediately pulled over to inspect the damage to my front end. No other cars on the road and it was dark and wet! $#!t. A big chunk of my front bumper was gone as well as my front mesh grille. My splash guard was wasted and dragging on the road. Fog lamps were smashed! I managed to tuck the splash guard back into place. I did a brief walk around in the rain and did not see any more damage. I got in a drove the rest of the way to San Jo. Evidently this thing had fallen off the back of a work truck. The next day I inspected my car and found my passenger side skirt gone! Also my rear mesh grille was gone. Sheeeeeit! I had spent the entire day before detailing my darling. I called the insurance company and took the car in for an estimate. Got a call with the estimate today, 1100 bones! I spent 650 bones in August reparing some body work from a hit and run. Oh well, at least the under carriage is fine and so are my wheels. The car drives fine so there are no alignment issues to deal with. I was lucky to not lose control and have a wreck or hit another car. The guy at the car shop was amazed at the lack of serious damage after I described what happened to him. A true testament of how well our cars are built I guess. I don't want to believe someone put that thing in the road on purpose since there is nothing out there as far as homes and such. But Daaaaaamn!

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver/Blue - 107K miles.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Wow! Glad you are ok and it was not more serious.
I can't believe that the airbags didn't deploy.
I have hit some road debris before but nothing like that.

98 E0 SVT Contour Black'n'blue Corbeau TRS seats/Roush prep'd MTX/Fidenza/Spec Stg II/KKM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
that sucks, I know how it is, since my car is jacked up I got all sorts of parts, just let me know.

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
holy crap!!!! :O

glad you're ok, that had to be frickin scary!

job interview in Folsom eh?

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Toadster:

Ha ha ha! Yeah, with Intel, but I did not get the job.

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver/Blue - 107K miles.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ValCor:
Originally posted by Toadster:

Ha ha ha! Yeah, with Intel, but I did not get the job.

keep tryin!!! lots of jobs here!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I know that road. I need to travel from either Oakland or San Jose airport to Manteca and back every three or four months or so to visit a client. Other than traffic, there isn't a lot on that road. I'm glad your OK.

Tonight I saw part of the other end of that trip. I flew into Sacramento on my way to see a client in Shingle Springs. There isn't a lot on most of this part either.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
well mine wasent as bad but last night i must have hit something i thought it was just a pice of cardboard and then i stoped my splash gaurd was hanging on by one screw and my whell wells were cut up i heading south on 99 from elk grove to galt so now i have to go to pick and pull and fix it

that sucks what hapened to you ppl need to make sure the [censored] is going to stay on the back of there truck

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard